uglyredhonda

2010 Us Tour

These are full-band shows. Looks like they're with a band called Automatic Loveletter.

Two of these are already on sale (*).

March 8 - Seattle, WA - Triple Door

March 9 - Seattle, WA - Triple Door

March 10 - Portland, OR - Berbati's Pan

March 12 - San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall

March 13 - Hollywood, CA - The Troubadour

March 15 - San Diego, CA - Casbah

March 16 - Phoenix, AZ - Rhythm Room

March 21 - Dallas, TX - Granada Theater

March 22 - Memphis, TN - Hi Tone Cafe

March 24 - Chicago, IL - Double Door

March 25 - Detroit, MI - Shelter at Saint Andrews Hall (*)

March 26 - Cleveland, OH - Cambridge Room at House of Blues

March 27 - Buffalo, NY - The Town Ballroom

March 29 - Millvale, PA - Mr. Smalls Theatre (*)

March 30 - Arlington, VA - Iota Club & Cafe

March 31 - Philadelphia, PA - World Cafe Live

April 2 - New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom

April 3 - Cambridge, MA - Middle East (Downstairs)

April 4 - Rochester, NY - The Club at Water Street

I'm jealous of you guys down there, these are probably going to be excellent shows. Cheap tickets, smaller venues I assume, and the band is all warmed up from the current tour. They might get some rehearsal time in between the tours as well. If I didn't have school (and knew someone else willing to go), I would probably try to make it to one of those Seattle shows.

Edited by Curtster

nice, i only had 2 tour dates before.

can you link your sources? thanks

I found pieces here and there (TM, LN), plus a couple of those crappy "tour date" sites (all of which had the Cleveland show incorrectly entered as Jan 26th).

Eventually ended up at Pollstar: http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=35582

Pollstar's usually only about 60% reliable, though.

Milos has them on his MySpace, as well. (Plus a Dec 31 US date that I'd gamble is a private concert.)

Seattle: http://www.thetripledoor.net/Calendar.aspx?date=2010-03-01

Seattle and Portland are on Ticketswest.

If you wanted to be safe, you could make them all unconfirmed save for Seattle, Portland, Detroit, and Millvale.

December 31st is New Year's Eve at Dale Earnhardt Jr's place, according to what Blake told me.

I was guessing that. Charlotte sounded like an otherwise unlikely place for Matt to play a concert on December 31. (That would easily be the closest show for me, but I'm too old and not brazen enough to try and crash it. ;)).

Random question, do you guys think the setlists for the US dates will be more "mainstream", given that his fanbase is not as large as it is in Canada? I'd consider doing a roady to NY but wouldn't really want to do it if I'm just going to hear HTM, LMU, Automatic, etc for like the 6th time..

Random question, do you guys think the setlists for the US dates will be more "mainstream", given that his fanbase is not as large as it is in Canada? I'd consider doing a roady to NY but wouldn't really want to do it if I'm just going to hear HTM, LMU, Automatic, etc for like the 6th time..

As said above, those songs are being played frequently on the current tour as well.

It's hard to say what the sets will be like for the US dates, or if they will be any different or not. I would think for these shows you are going to have a mix of hardcore fans and people who barely know Matt's music at all, there probably won't be as much in between who just want to hear Time Bomb and Load Me Up. I would think there may be less pressure to play these songs because they weren't big hits in the states like they were in Canada. I would guess that Matt would focus more on promoting his current material (Vancouver especially). It's tough to say though, the sets probably won't be much different than what they are now in the end.

buffalo in millvale here I come!!!

Millvale is actually 99.9% pittsburgh, and is a church converted into an arena. It's pretty big for a small place, but it's nice, and everyone there is super chill. Factor in that it should be pretty empty(i'm REALLY Shocked that he's playing pittsburgh) and that it's $15! lol..skull fuck me silly.

The HOB in cleveland is also pretty nice, much more modern than Mr. Smalls, but cleveland as a city is a pit.