I started listening to them less than a year ago and im only missing 3 discs out of over 18. One of those is quite rare and the other 2 seem to exist only in Europe. But I'd recomend getting The Fragile first, because it's kind of a mix of Pretty Hate Machine and The Downward Spiral. And speaking of The Downward Spirals, make sure you get one of the re-releases, because I have all three versions, which is totally uncalled for. Any predictions on what the new album will be like?

I have Pretty Hate Machine, Downward Spiral, Fragile, and Broken, as well as several others which are almost entirely remixes of the aforementioned albums. And yeah, I do intend to legitimately....'reaquire' these next time I hit a music store...if they have them.

I started listening to them less than a year ago and im only missing 3 discs out of over 18. One of those is quite rare and the other 2 seem to exist only in Europe. But I'd recomend getting The Fragile first, because it's kind of a mix of Pretty Hate Machine and The Downward Spiral. And speaking of The Downward Spirals, make sure you get one of the re-releases, because I have all three versions, which is totally uncalled for. Any predictions on what the new album will be like?

you can get them if you look harder..

new album should sound like broken/tdn. no instrumentals, no lengthy tunes.. just straightforward ass kicking

I'd have to say that musically speaking, meaning just talking about the craft of the music, it's some of the best stuff I've ever heard. I find that for every song I can sit there and just listen to the music and think of nothing else, and each time I can focus on a new aspect of the song. They are so multilayered and well timed, and well mixed that this sentence could go on forever. Trent Reznor deals with a relatively limited amount of subject matter, but so few songs sound the same (except for ones that are pretty much the same, which is a whole different kind of cool [see La Mer/Into the Void for further details])

I do like the idea of having so many mixes and versions of the same song, like the two versions of Near Fantastica. Or, as I am listening to now, we've got The Wretched, then we've got The Wretched (Version - Keith Hillebrandt), which is just a whole different kind of badass. It's classy.

i'm not much into the remixes. i have further down the spiral and i'd really rather just listen to the downward spiral.

maybe i need to listen to it more, you know, get into it more.

trent reznor's voice is so sexy. and its so emotional! i'd hate to start up the nin/cash debate, but come on. it's like cash is just singing any other song. reznor puts everything into it.

I watched Cash's video for Hurt in my Religion class a few times, and had to listen to the professor talk about how the lyrics are pro-Christian, thn someone busted out that it wasn't a Johnny Cash song. But he kept up that it was all like "Jesus Rocks!" even though on the same CD you could find a song entitles Heresy, but then who's counting?

PS. I like the Johnny Cash version but the original just does so much more emotional justice to the song.