I just checked Finger Eleven's site for the first time in... probably a month. They've finally changed shit on there and put up a phone number to call and leave them a message. For those of you who are fans, call them, leave them a message!

I always loved this idea, it was used by the insane Clown Posse and Twiztid in their early days as a way to have the fans connect, they'd put some of the recordings at the end of the CD's. I'm excited now.

I loved Greyest of Blue Skies, but for some reason, i've never heard anything else by them... is there newer or older stuff worth checking out?

All their stuff is worth checking out, even the Rainbow Butt Monkeys "letters from chutney" is pretty good. But, this is coming from a girl who has a finger eleven tattoo so there is a slight bias. Gah, I can't wait for the new album!

I would gladly force this band upon any and all who will allow me to. Let me know if you want any of their songs.

I just checked Finger Eleven's site for the first time in... probably a month. They've finally changed shit on there and put up a phone number to call and leave them a message. For those of you who are fans, call them, leave them a message!

I always loved this idea, it was used by the insane Clown Posse and Twiztid in their early days as a way to have the fans connect, they'd put some of the recordings at the end of the CD's. I'm excited now.

they did the phone-in thing too when they were recording the last album.

Obvious Heart was really bad ass off their Self-Titled. The rest also grew on me a fair bit. I was still a nerd and picked up the special edition of their self-titled, though. Which was totally worth the cash, since it had a live set of theirs recorded. Wasn't the most QUALITY recording, but still worth the while.

James Black's solo stuff sounds like low rent Ween.

Or, as James Black put it:

"Sounds like Ween stole Syd Barrett's drugs and gave them to Brian Wilson's nurse maid, who slipped them into his warm milk at night, then taped him singing Muppet songs into his pillow as he dreamt of being strangled by Kenny Loggins."

so does anybody know whos producing their new album? is it the same guy as the last one? i want arnold lanni to produce it (like tip and greyest of blue skies), anybody know whatever happened to that dude? i want him producing olp again too....

yeah i want them to sound the exact same as their first two albums too! hooray for not embracing change!

the only reason i didnt like the most recent producer is because he has disturbed on his resume as well.

edit: Arnold Lanni produced Finger Eleven in the past and put out some of their best work (in my opinion). He doesn't work with them any more.

the only reason i didnt like the most recent producer is because he has disturbed on his resume as well.

Hahaha! I feel the same way, I think it makes Finger Eleven look bad to have the same producer as Disturbed.

Edited by uglybutterfly