Moonlight_Graham

An Inconvenient Truth

i liked crash. i don't need al gore to tell me the planet's a mess. really, al gore? global warming? well, this is news to me.

Did you see the movie? Sounds like you didn't.

Everyomne knows about global warning, but what the movie shows is precisely how quickly its increasing (uses lots of scientific graphs & studies to prove points on CO2 levels etc.) & what frightening damage could occur in the next 40 years if we don't do something drastic right now.

I didn't even like Al Gore before seeing this movie, thought he was a power-hungry nerd. But now i like him, this documentary is completely from his heart & all profits from the DVD & book are going to environmental causes & help global warming.

this documentary is completely from his heart & all profits from the DVD & book are going to environmental causes & help global warming.

that's awesome!

i remember asking someone how long much longer they thought the human race would last. he said a few millions years. i said, "wow, you're so optimistic!" (which is surprising because he's usually pessimistic).

i give humanity about 50 years to live... but, who knows? we might last longer!

Global Warming is a joke. It's Climate Change and there is no way to stop it. The earth does this to itself every few million years.

No it doesn't. Carbon-dioxide levels have NEVER been this high, not even close. Scientists can use ice samples from glaciers & go back millions of years to measure, and CO2 (the main greenhouse gas) levels haven't been this high between or during the last 6 or so ice ages, which is as far back as they can record.

See the movie.

Global Warming is a joke. It's Climate Change and there is no way to stop it. The earth does this to itself every few million years.

not to sound like a cliche hippy but, the corporations got to you mannn

haahah, good episode...

Southpark tries to stay right in the middle of the political spectrum but it sometimes seems like they attack the left more than the right...

I remember when the SP creators were on Jimmy Kimmel talking about Team America and they made a good point that the left wingers had no problem with them making jokes about right wingers, but when they joked about the left wingers all of a sudden they didn't find that funny.

I don't know about you guys but I've noticed the difference in the weather. it has felt like bloody spring for half of this years fall/winter. and for me to notice that change, that's fucked

people have argued that gore used supportive evidence - which is true - but there's a hell of a lot of it.

Why the fuck should the U.S. senate care? most of them think the second coming of jesus will happen in their lifetime, fuckin morons.

basically waterworld is gonna happen...Im savin up my money to buy a kevin costner boat, sea-doos,hydro nad lots of gas

thats neat. But the weird thing is that Gore has done as he said probably thousands of those powerpoint presentations & the message never really got across in a sweeping way. But then he released the movie, and its caused a massive growth of awareness for the dangers of global warming & the mainstream as well as politicians are now FINALLY getting into what Gore has been trying to preach for 35-40 years or whatever.

Amazing the power of film. Its also funny that Gore made the documentary at just the perfect time, when people are finally starting to watch docs & they are becoming very profitable at the box-office etc. If Gore made this doc 20 years ago it would have likely fallen by the way-side into obscurity.

I suppose the end of the ice age was caused by global warming as well

Don't open your mouth (or type for that matter) if your not fully informed on the issue that you are discussing

Doesn't it seem weird that Al Gore is now been made a star out of this? I mean it's interesting to see a doc on global warming do well, but perhaps shouldn't the message be more important than the messenger?