skysosmrt

First Set Of Fall Shows

okay so I just heard on CFOX that the Vancouver show is set for September 20th at The Centre for Performing Arts.

Definetely a bigger venue than the ones at the VCC. The Centre has wonderful acoustics though when I caught Damien Rice there last.

Question is, what are the chances that this will sell out and Matt will set another date or will he also book a smaller solo acoustic set somewhere else? I'm wondering as Sept 20th happens to be right smack dab in the middle of the week that I'll be out of the country ;)

First dates are up:

Sept 17th Victoria, BC McPherson Playhouse

Sept 18th Victoria, BC McPherson Playhouse

Sept 20th Vancouver, BC The Centre

Sept 22nd Red Deer, AB Red Deer Memorial Ctr.

Sept 23rd Edmonton, AB Myer Horowitz Theatre

Sept 25th Calgary, AB Jack Singer Hall

Sept 27th Saskatoon, SK Lakeview Auditorium

Sept 28th Winnipeg, MB Garrick Centre

I guess I'll have to just hope and wait for something closer. I live in NYC so I'd have to travel wherever he plays...Toronto and Buffalo would probably be best for me...but I wouldn't mind flying somewhere else if I had to I guess.

Looks like he isn't gonna get much rest on this tour either. I would have though he would give himself more time after last tour but if he can handle it, its all the better. Still waiting for Eastern Canada shows and hoping for London. For those of you familiar with the venues announced, how big are they? Would they be smaller acoustic shows or would they be better suited for a full band?

hey, so long as he avoids the showplace theatre, he can do whatever in Buffalo. i liked Infinity, if he books there again i'm cool with it. that way he can make fun of Salvatore's like he always does.

ah yes... the "infidelity target." or perhaps you prefer the "lunchtime hotel."

Edited by cweb

Damn, I might be out of town for school in September... oh well, I can always bus in from Brandon.

do they serve beer at the Garrick? we could meet up and toss a few back

I was trying to get them but but apparently it's a different code for each city. my friend works at ticketmaster and is gonna get me the code for Winnipeg but he won't get me any others. I asked. sorry.

Not only will I go to buffalo, but I'll buy you and Dan dinner.

Where else could Matt play in Buffalo, the Town Ballroom is a little small and cramped, and would sell out fast, seating is limited to 600, compared to the 1,000+ in Infinity, it really doesn't matter where he plays in Buffalo, just as long as he comes