holy shit

the police are playing right now and sting just pulled john mayer out to play message in a bottle with him.

ofcourse this was what the whole point of the festival with all the SOS stuff.

kanye west just came out and joined them.

ULTIMATE SUPER BAND

she played? that's so weird

also, i saw an interview with alicia keys with carson daly and she said "i saw a man on the tv today talking about how global warming isn't real and isn't an issue we have to worry about and i really hated him for saying that." and then she closed her rant with "this is something that affects us all and we can't change anything with all this hatred and blah blah blah"

and i got really frustrated.

Edited by Ravenous megin-sane

Yeah... I think a lot of bands missed the point of this and just used it as their time to shine. Linkin Park was fucking promoting their new album like crazy during their set in Tokyo.

I also thought it was funny that two seperate groups did duets of "Gimme Shelter" and another two seperate groups played "Mercy Mercy Me".

Whatever... overall it sucked.

what i like about it is...

how much co2 emissions were produced by putting that show on? the bands to tour, all the people to get there, the 2397357239 lights, the sound, the cameras, and it was happening ALL AROUND THE WORLD.

they probably just worsened the problem so badly that we'll all be dead tomorrow.

with the black eye peas' song stuck in our head.

Guest Prosis

Well apparently, the ex-director of Greenpeace Quebec said that trees would be planted to compensate the co2 that this things caused...will it happen or not, that's the question ;)

I was in pain and had my widsom teeth pulled out so I watched the whole thing. Foo Fighters were easily the best performers. I'm not surprised to see Billy showing off his ego and opening with a 9 min song that no one has ever heard of. Anyone noticed how he pronounced Tarantula? Again, trying to be a jerk. I think the crowd significantly enjoyed Roger Waters more than the Police. Madonna is a self-indulgent asshole--trying four different genres in her performances. Chris Cornell was on the same time as the Foos so I was flicking back but Cornell doesn't know how to sing live. A.F.I were also on at the same time as the former two and I cringe at the kids who tuned to that instead. Taking Back Sunday and Fall Out Boy were pretty unbearable--these bands need new vocalists. I'm surprised DMB played Don't Drink The Water! Oh yes, there was this one cool J-Rock band but forget who they were. and that's all i can remember...

Even though its disposable 80s pop, I thought Crowded House was pretty good for the Australia finale. It was also nice for me to see the former Cat Stevens back on stage again in Germany. The US running order was screwy - since it was in NJ, Bon jovi should have been the headliner, NOT The Police. the crowd was crazy for Bon Jovi during their set