The movie (or documentary) is about a year old, but it's worth it.

Jesus Camp follows several young children as they prepare to attend a summer camp where the kids will get their daily dose of evangelical Christianity. Becky Fischer works at the camp, which is named Kids on Fire. Through interviews with Fischer, the children, and others, Jesus Camp illustrates the unswerving belief of the faithful. A housewife and homeschooling mother tells her son that creationism has all the answers. Footage from inside the camp shows young children weeping and wailing as they promise to stop their sinning. Child after child is driven to tears. Juxtapose these scenes with clips from a more moderate Christian radio host (who is appalled by such tactics), and Jesus Camp seems to pose a clear question: are these children being brainwashed?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486358/

i absolutely love what the google-ads displayed at the bottom of this thread:

Christians Being Misled

Religious Leaders have taught A Counterfeit 'Jesus' for Centuries

www.realtruth.org/Counterfiet_Jesus

Summer Tennis Camp

Learn Tennis from Proffesionals Best coaching, training available

herrmanntennisacademy.com

Building & Robotics Camps

PreK - Grade 8 We build excitement!

www.GreenAppleCamps.com

Fat camp summer camp

Have fun & lose weight in the Poconos, California, or Florida

NewImageCamp.com

Ads by Google

Summer JESUS Camp

Learn Tennis from Proffesionals Best coaching, JESUS available

herrmanntennisacademy.com

Building & Robotic JESUS'

PreK - Grade 8 We build JESUS!

www.GreenAppleCamps.com

Fat JESUS summer camp

Have fun & lose JESUS in the Poconos, California, or Florida

NewImageCamp.com

That would be better.

That is not what being a Christian is about, being Catholic, I am sickened by what Jesus Camp portrays, making kids feel guilty, to the point of crying cause of their sin is anti-Biblical.

that's exactly what christianity is about. everyone is meant to feel guilty about their "sins". you're not supposed to feel guilty until you are (how old)? There's no way to teach "god" without teaching guilt. The entire religion is guilt driven

i think this is an example of how christianity can go wrong. and i would hope no intelligent person would assume that this is how all christian churches/camps function. i have seen the movie and i can relate (i've seen it all in person, i've never done it myself haha), but i've also seen christians not be crazy and resort to guilt and other silly tactics.

and while it seems like brainwashing (i'm not saying it isn't) it's the parents doing what they believe is best for their child. some people think christianity is the way (whether or not that's true doesn't matter), and they want their kids to be raised in it because that's what they think is best for them.

I went to a christian summer camp as a child. it was mostly a normal camp, other than the occasional bible study, non-sensical rambling sermons, christian songs and grace before each meal. even though my camp seemed pretty innocuous in regards to its brainwashing, none of that takes away from the potential damage it does - teaching kids that their purpose in life is to be a guilt-driven slave to "god's" morals (that's where all of christianity goes wrong).

this is a boring video. it's a montage of the camp i went to, from recent summer(s). It looks pretty much the same as when I went.

Look at their confused and vacuous expressions. none of them look happy.

Edited by heyrabbit