Guest Prosis

Boycott Foie Gras

it's even easier to avoid GMOs or vegetables that have chemicals used in them. in any grocery store, there's a section of fruits and vegetables that have not been pumped full of anything.

if you don't trust that, then go to a local farm.

it's really not that hard.

also, the shit they're putting into cows and other animals is 3975937935 times worse then what they're using on plants. it fucks with the animal's hormones, which we have too.

a perfect example; the 8 yr old girls who start menstrating.

that's fucked.

don't even get me started on milking cows.

Guest Prosis

So you're a no milk, no eggs, 100% vegetables and beans vegetarian?

It may be the habit talking but that would make me sad. Although I adore Soy Milk.

well, i'm allergic to milk.

and i'm pretty annemic, so i'm slowly working my way to becoming vegan (which is going to be exceedingly difficult to do next year like planned if i'm living with 5 other boys, bah!).

i don't drink milk or eat eggs.

but i do eat cheese.

cheese is my downfall, and the only thing holding my back haha

Guest Prosis

Honey? Ah because they exploit bees...I'm going to start with meat though lol ;)

I hope you're messy though, because we guys are lol :angry:

if you're going to eat meat, buy it from local, family run farms so we don't have factory farms mass producing animals and treating them like shit purely because they don't have the time to do it right.

Agreed. My family has been doing this for a while. I think it's probably the best way everyday people can help out for now.

Edited by soundless_space

You guys might be interested to know that it's often the big farms who have the best technology that gives farm animals a higher quality of life.

Also, fast deaths. Can't disagree with those. ELECTROCUTION TO THE ANUS.

I tried going vegetarian, twice...It was very, very hard, I lasted 7 and 10 months respectively. I've gone no beef and pork, for three lents in a row. It changed my eating habits permanently. Now I eat less beef and pork in general, and more fish. I also tend to only have meat once a day, I'd say a few days a week I don't eat meat at all. I think anything that is truly cruel, like veal and the way they treated those ducks is wrong. I'd given up foie gras a few years back, and I took veal off the family restaurant menu as soon as I took over management, when I was a kid. I applaud anyone who goes meatless, it's a serious, life changing choice.

Dan, I didn't know you were a stepdad. Lucky kid he is. It's not necessarily two shopping lists. It's more of adjusting some dishes, and adding a few extras, they don't have to give up meat because you do, it just means the side dishes have to change a but more. My ex discovered that she had wheat and dairy allergies about seven years ago. I just had to make adjustments, using soy instead of milk in recipes, using different flours, thinks like that...it increased our grocery bill about 15%...but it improved other things, I had to experiment more with meals, and be creative(fun for me), we augmented our meals with more veggies, and our snacks and desserts were more healthy.

I've gone no beef and pork, for three lents in a row.

This seems like a relevant time to plug Wendy's Baconator.

It is the closest that any of us will, and should, ever come to having sex with two dead animals at once. It is just that awesome. But holy hell is it fattening.

My ex discovered that she had wheat and dairy allergies about seven years ago.

hey, me too!

i discovered that shit out a few years after i went vegetarian. not fun, but i kind of have to eat wheat anyways

ps:

I tried going vegetarian, twice...It was very, very hard,

it's only hard if your hearts not in the right place

Edited by Ravenous megin-sane