On the new disk Matt Covers two songs. I was woundering if anyone could name a cover that was better then the origional. I personaly like the Johnny Cash Hurt cover betere then the NIN version. Your thoughts......

Johnny Cash - Hurt

Nick Cave - Let It Be

Radiohead - Nobody Does it Better

Wilco - True Love Will Find You In The End

Fugees - No Woman No Cry

Pretty much any song Bob Dylan originally did and someone else covered. I find that he's one of those guys who's an amazing writer, but his stuff sounds way better when someone else performs it.

Pretty much any song Bob Dylan originally did and someone else covered. I find that he's one of those guys who's an amazing writer, but his stuff sounds way better when someone else performs it.

i totally agree.

like this one....its this guy....Matthew Good.........he's doing a cover of You Ain't Going Nowhere. It's pretty sweet.

download it now, love me later.

Edited by sodamntired

That Dylan "cover" blows fuckin' ass. It'd probably sound nice if it was an actual performance (or the song in it's entirety) rather than 30 seconds of strumming and Matt trying to figure out the words.

Isn't that some audio ripped from the filming of a video or something?

Rufus Wainwright is cool though. Never heard that cover. I should check it out. Same with Wilco's version of the Daniel Johnston tune.

David Usher - Fast Car

Robbie Williams's "Swing When You're Winning" album trumps Michael Buble's swing covers.

Destiny's Child - Emotion

Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams (But, only mildly, I love the original). I generally really like Marilyn Manson's covers...

Does Moulin Rouge's whole soundtrack count as a cover? Cos that movie is freaking awesome.

The Sundays - Wild Horses

I was told once that Vertical Horizon's "Best I Ever Had", is a cover of a country song...I love that song though

Amy Lee's cover of Heart-shaped box is not bad...

Robbie Williams's "Swing When You're Winning" album trumps Michael Buble's swing covers.

Destiny's Child - Emotion

I was told once that Vertical Horizon's "Best I Ever Had", is a cover of a country song...I love that song though

Holy fuck I hate Buble. Seriously.

I actually kind of liked that DC cover(what?), in fact, I can't remember who did the original at the moment.

And really? I always thought the country version came after (I've seen a video for it on cmt). Either way, I prefer the Vertical Horizon version.

scanning my playlist, my favorites are:

allman brothers - stormy monday

a perfect circle - imagine, fiddle and the drum

down by law - 500 miles

elvis costello - leave my kitten alone

everclear - brown eyed girl (kind of a cover, and kind of a song about the song)

joe strummer and the mescaleros - redemption song

john mayer trio - i got a woman

marilyn manson - tainted love

nine inch nails - physical

nirvana - where did you sleep last night?

stevie ray vaughan - little wing, voodoo child

tool - no quarter

Brandi Carlile does an amazing version of that.

Same with Rufus Wainwright.

I like Rufus Wainwrights cover the best. He also did a cover of careless wisper which was really good considering the songs not the greatest.

Tori Amos' version of Happiness is a Warm Gun.

Madeleine Peyroux covered Elliott Smith's Between the Bars... not bad.

Apparently Bonnie Prince Billy covered John Denver's The Eage and The Hawk. I would think that's better than the original.

Edited by soundless_space

haha, if you like that bootleg, you should hear him sing Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy"!

Is there a copy of this floating around anywhere? I did a quick search and came up empty.

And yeah, I'm a big fan of the covers on Johnny Cash's American Recordings too, Monkey. Wouldn't go as far as saying they're all better than the originals but they are all good.

Unfortunately not, I might be able to get some, he played it at the show he did here in Vancouver recently.

My friend got a lot of video from it. I'll see what I can do