Guest Prosis

Anyone Using Linux?

Guest Prosis

I was just wondering, whilst being bored of my lame-ass job, who here runs on linux.

If you do, which distribution do you have.

Finally, what does your desktop look like?

I've started running Ubuntu Feisty Fawn and it's still a work in progress so I can't post a screenshot.

Once I build a pc I'll be formatting my laptop with Ubuntu Feisty Fawn

Currently my one house mate runs off of Kubuntu with Feisty Fawn, seems to run great for him...if he didn't install and change so many things and forget to restart ;)

Guest Prosis

Wow you like those sheeps do you ? ;)

I'll be able to post a screenshot as soon as I'm done with setting up everything.

Not many people seem to be running Linux, it's not all that popular with Boreders

Wow you like those sheeps do you ? ;)

I'll be able to post a screenshot as soon as I'm done with setting up everything.

Not many people seem to be running Linux, it's not all that popular with Boreders

that's where i got the sheep to begin with (got the wallpaper from kdelook.org, i believe).

i think people just take the path of least resistance. easier to keep using windows than to learn how to use something else.

I have centOS 4 on my work machine... that is an adventure. We have some centOS 3 machines, ubuntu ("dapper drake" if I recall correctly, although some might even be "hoary hedgehog"), and my personal favorite solaris 10... I know it's not Linux, but close enough.

I have centOS 4 on my work machine... that is an adventure. We have some centOS 3 machines, ubuntu ("dapper drake" if I recall correctly, although some might even be "hoary hedgehog"), and my personal favorite solaris 10... I know it's not Linux, but close enough.

we run on centos ;)

Guest Prosis
i am thinking about duel booting my laptop, keep XP for games and use feisty fawn for normal every day stuff.

Well there's an application to install games on Linux...I think it's called Cedega.

And OS X counts...I've configured my linux to look like it (because I couldn't afford the actual machine ;))

Guest Prosis

I've never tried it but apparently, when there is one, it's minor enough to ignore.

But I have zero games so I can't say ;)

Especially Vista

word.

and the lines are blurred more, especially with darwin.

now if only there was a cheap windows emu that let me run foobar on OSX....

sure, i'm running XMMS thanks to the X11 environment, but i'm too lazy to really configure it.