thewickernightmare

Hospital Music Number One In Canada

Guest Prosis

Oh God how that article sucks...

Matthew Good has 11,000 reasons to not smile.

A No. 1 album is exactly what the doctor ordered for outspoken and cantankerous Canrocker Matthew Good.

His second solo effort, "Hospital Music," checked into the No. 1 spot in the nation, selling over 11,000 copies, according to figures compiled by Nielsen SoundScan.

It marks the first time in eight years that Good has been on top of the album charts, since the Matthew Good Band led the way with "Beautiful Midnight" back in 1999.

That last paragraph I find doubtful...can anyone back it up?

For the rest, waaaaaaaayyy too many puns...

And his second solo effort? I'm not too surprised, how many times have I seen "Matthew Good Band - Avalanche"...unless he's one who doesn't like WLRRR and would rather look like a badly sourced journalist than mention it...

Guest Prosis

Yeah platinum ok, but he's talking about the first time it was number one since BM...he hasen't necessaerly sold 100000 copies of it because he's number one.

Edited by Prosis

Guest Prosis

Oh then I stand corrected...quoted from mg.org:

Hospital Music Debuts At #1

Hospital Music has debuted at #1 in Canada and everyone here at MatthewGood.org would like to thank you, the fans, for making this happen. As some of you might be aware, while Matthew has routinely debuted in the top ten since the release of 1999

Guest Prosis

Well that all depends on how much the others sold not on how much he sold. He's number one because he sold the most...so it's nothing stable....

Guest Prosis

It's really really good for an artist with no label support, no video, little single airplay and no physical single release.

I think this is going to give Matt the confidence he needs to release further records as an indy artist in this day and age.

The worst part is getting the money to record properly. But he's done it in the past.