Hyphnip

Star Trek: Tng

it was a decent show. though I always found it dorky that even though they traveled to other galaxies, the aliens were exactly the same as humans except for their ears/forehead. they even wore spandex if I were a science-fiction nerd, I'd demand more creativity. maybe that's why I've always hated science fiction

Edited by heyrabbit

there was an episode that had an explanation for why all the races look so similar. I can't remember which episode it was but I'll see if I can find out so you can understand and appreciate it all the more.

wwait I think I know the answer. the intergalactic makeup artists were unable to go at warp speed

or, they're all planetary cousins whose only differing adaptattoins is their foreheads.

and spandex is the only space-aged material that can protect everyone form the stars' ultraviolet rays

Edited by heyrabbit

Right now, the episode that is on on Spike is the one where Captain Picard is taking care of three kids when the ship gets effed up and loses power and they sing "frair a jacque" while climbing a ladder. I find the singing irritating

That's why Star Trek fails to entertain me. It's cute. Their odd attempts at true badassery always seem tacked-on and feeble. It's always some corny speech about human perseverence and understanding and heart and all that bullshit.

Edited by Sparq

at the end of the episode where Picard is like "you have the bridge number 1" and Riker and that little girl (the one that Picard made his number one while the ship was effed and they were climbing the ladder) both said "aye sir" I got so irritated that I wanted to kick a puppy. that was EASILY the stupidest moment on any Star Trek

Bah Disaster was a great episode of TNG, I love it when no one has any faith in Troi, including herself =P

Plus it's a family geared show from 1991, how "badass" can it really be? Mind you Michelle Forbes was totally badass, and needed to stay on longer.

I wish Global Frequancy didn't fail as a pilot.

Plus it's a family geared show from 1991, how "badass" can it really be?

Indeed. But they tried. They set things up as though they could go down real bad, or so that massed violence seems like the best answer....then they nerf it with some sissy cop-out plot device where they just make up some random combination of technological jargon and have about five minutes of suspense while they see if it works. Then everyone goes home happy and they do it again next week. Not the rule, but the norm.

Indeed. But they tried. They set things up as though they could go down real bad, or so that massed violence seems like the best answer....then they nerf it with some sissy cop-out plot device where they just make up some random combination of technological jargon and have about five minutes of suspense while they see if it works. Then everyone goes home happy and they do it again next week. Not the rule, but the norm.

in response to that, I have 1 word and 3 letters

Wolf 359

yeah, thank you meg, I was tired when I wrote that (or I'm just saying that because I don't want to look like a retard, though now that I look, I HAD just woken up)

meg shall oneday be a star trek nerd!