Hyphnip

The"this Is A Screen Capture Of My Desktop" Thread

in YOUR personal opinion.

which has, in more than one instance, proved to be very sheltered and immature.

and once again, there is a difference between being "turned on" and finding something sexually appealling.

of course it's my personal opinion, i never claimed otherwise.

and there's nothing immature about finding a computer video game character sexy?

It's a recreation of reality.

Are you saying that if I painted a portrait of you, it'd be weird for someone to find it attractive?

Edit: Also, you're a photographer. I'm sure you know that pictures are very rarely accurate representations of reality, and yet I'm pretty positive that you've looked at a picture of someone (Matty, Tom Gabel...) and been like "wow! they're so hot!"

Edited by Prometheon

Digital creations are just another form of art. Would it make everyone more comfortable if we said Lara Croft or Tifa or some random 3D model was beautiful? Just as portrait paintings have been considered beautiful? It's creepy to say hot? "hot" is just crass slang for beautiful.

It's not very nice to call Meg immature and sheltered, but I don't think it was equally very nice to say we're creepy, and discredit what we see, because we find something pleasing to the eye, that she doesn't.

to not understand the difference between being "turned on" and sex appeal, id say, is pretty uneducated.

the immaturity stems from the fact that once again, she's unwilling to open her mind to any other form of opinion, however reasonable and mainstream it may be.

examples?.....

"...and there's nothing immature about finding a computer video game character sexy?"

sex has no boundaries. thats the beautiful thing about it. its up to you to decide what you find sexy and up to everyone around you to accept it.

"but it's a picture of someone real. someone with a personality, someone who interacts with other real human beings."

no. its a painting. paintings don't have personality nor do they interact with anything. we are at the same medium. it is a recreation using someone else's visions. if owen decided that in that painting, he wanted you to have bigger tits or longer hair its because thats the way he perceives you.

to say that one can ONLY find something that is alive and breathing to be "sexy" in ANY form of the word is putting a limitation on perceptions. i can find the new Ferrari 599GTB to be a very sexy car. does it cause me to be "turned on"? no. would i actually unzip and put my cock in the exhaust pipe? no. but you want to know something crazy? think of the weirdest, strangest thing that could possibly happen..... its already been done... and possibly even documented.

to understand the concept of todays sex is to be 100% comfortable/open with yourself and your ideas and of course, those around you.

i guess the fine point here is that sexual expression comes in many many forms. and the is quite the gap between sexual arousal and sexual appeal. This isn't the first time meg has gotten herself right into the thick of an argument based on sex, with really no grounds except an uneducated opinion. to sit here so pompously and accuse people of being weird for finding an animation attractive is close-minded and purely immature, to say the least, when i'm quite positive there are a lot dirtier things going on in the deep dark minds of the people who post here.

Why must everything turn into a debate?

And why must there always be someone who calls someone else uneducated?

Lastly, why must you (smithee) always disagree with everyone and turn it into a debate?

Now let's see some more desktop captures.

*stuff*

*slow clap*

Hit the nail on the motherfucking head.

To boil it down: art (be it paintings, digitially altered photography, digital objects, etc.) imitates life to a high degree. In "real" life I find women attractive. You can look at a painting (or a digital object, or whatever) and imagine it's real-life analogue incredibly easily. Hence attraction.

928790_20070512_screen001.jpg

928790_20060921_screen002.jpg

I could say "she's hot" or I could say "she would be if she was real." What's the difference, really? Especially since the line is only becoming more blurred as technology becomes better.

If I showed you a picture of a guy, and you said he was hot, would you immediately have to change your mind if I told you he was made of polygons? The technology is getting so good that within a few years you will literally not be able to tell the difference.

Edited by Prometheon

It's not very nice to call Meg immature and sheltered, but I don't think it was equally very nice to say we're creepy, and discredit what we see, because we find something pleasing to the eye, that she doesn't.

i didn't say you, tracey, are creepy. or owen. i said finding a video game character hot is creepy.

if that makes me uneducated or sheltered, then so be it. i could really care less.

and in true bored fashion, you've all taken it way too far.

Why must everything turn into a debate?

And why must there always be someone who calls someone else uneducated?

Lastly, why must you (smithee) always disagree with everyone and turn it into a debate?

Now let's see some more desktop captures.

if you can come up with a thousand dollars i'll let you follow me around for the day to figure it all out.

and not a penny less.

I'm not gonna gum up this thread with Final Fantasy talk, but it's looking promising. Better than 12 anyway XD

Edit: She totally has a gunblade. Awesome. That is all.

Edited by Muran

to not understand the difference between being "turned on" and sex appeal, id say, is pretty uneducated.

the immaturity stems from the fact that once again, she's unwilling to open her mind to any other form of opinion, however reasonable and mainstream it may be.

I fail to see how her unwilling to open her mind to other forms of opinion makes her immature. It may mean she is naive and close minded, but not immature.

I suppose you will call me immature now for disagreeing with you though.