beerman37

English Premier League 2007-2008

Not sure if there's any interest on this board about soccer

Today the Barclay's English Premier League opens up play.

I'm a Tottenham fan. Not a diehard, but more of the bandwagon variety, with a decision I made last year about this time due to a Bill Simmons column. I do get a kick out of how the logo of the team is a cock and a ball. Too funny. Though I've bought Fox Soccer Channel, so I can now actually watch a solid handful of games.

Tottenham off to just a WONDERFUL start. They are like the Philadelphia Phillies of the EPL - start horribly, fall completely out of it, make a strong comeback at the end of the season to get everyone excited about next year. Lather, rinse, repeat

I love how my work gets the Fox Soccer Channel. It was nice being able to catch up on the EPL action this morning.

Good on Man City being on top of the table, for the time being. It was sweet seeing them knock off United.

I was disappointed to see Arsenal draw today, but it appears Van Persie's foot is doing okay, which makes me insanely glad.