See, I am enjoying it, but I find myself less excited to watch it from week to week. I think the fact that Dexter somehow manages to CONSTANTLY get out of jams is going to be the downfall. Also, the fact that they ALWAYS portray the people who are onto him as HUGE assholes (Doakes and now Quinn) doesn't help either.

See, I am enjoying it, but I find myself less excited to watch it from week to week. I think the fact that Dexter somehow manages to CONSTANTLY get out of jams is going to be the downfall. Also, the fact that they ALWAYS portray the people who are onto him as HUGE assholes (Doakes and now Quinn) doesn't help either.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

The entire Rita thing would've been a good point to create a tension in the show. After episode 2 of season 5 they more or less dropped the possibility of investigating who Kyle Butler ist. Even after Quinn gave up for Deb's sake, I don't find it satisfying that no one seems to be even looking for Kyle Butler. It seems rather silly and I felt dissapointed because one of my favorite seasons was the second one because it had a great tension trhoughout. you just didn't want to stop looking. I thought season 5 was pretty good, but everything I was expecting was dropped including story material like the Fuentes brothers. Even one of the last scenes with Deb almost finding out about who Dexter really made me unhappy. How many more times will Deb be right in front of it and miss ist? She is such a smart cop, since she breaks almost EVERY case since season 1 and she still doesn't have a clue about Dexter? I hope season 6 surprises us in different ways.

I found season 5's ending to be a total cop-out. With season 4's masterpiece ending they showed that all bets are off. Season 5 could have followed that with Deb opening the curtain to find Dexter. But no, they pussy out, then do that for Season 6's ending instead. If they were gonna do it not stop fucking around and do it in 5?

I found Season 5 pretty average and 6 outright bad. One of my favourite shows--and I watch precious little TV--is very quickly deteriorating.