SupaDawg

Entry-level Guitar

I'm looking to pick up the accoustic guitar. I have a friend who's been playing for years who i can get to teach me if i buy something.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good entry-level guitar? maybe a brand & model or even a brand they prefer.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

takamine is an awsome brand. They sell some of the best quality guitars for the $$, especially if your budget is midrange. it's also been a brand preferred by matt

Seagull is another great Godin brand. they're made in canada, so you can get a decent one for cheap. pretty underrated I think

don't get a yamaha or a washburn, or shit like that. yamaha doesn't make any good midrange guitars.

also, think about body style + type of wood. cedar body = warm + bright tone. rosewood= mellow. etc

Edited by heyrabbit

i want a seagull, but they're a little more expensive. and matt doesn't play an entry level takamine ;)

edit: i'm not knocking takamine. i've never played or heard their guitars. i'm just saying, i wouldn't use an artists endorsement of a couple thousand dollar guitar as an endorsement of the companies cheaper models. moving along...

Edited by Some Random

takamine doesn't really make any entry level guitars. no matter whatyou get, you can be pretty sure it's not a bad ugitar. they're cheapest models are solid

actually if you just want to learn, try cash converters.(if there are any where you live) I always see decent guitars there for cheap, like 75/100 bucks.

Edited by heyrabbit

takamine doesn't really make any entry level guitars. no matter whatyou get, you can be pretty sure it's not a bad ugitar. they're cheapest models are solid

actually if you just want to learn, try cash converters.(if there are any where you live) I always see decent guitars there for cheap, like 75/100 bucks.

I'm in Calgary.. we have a few. I didn't even think of that. Might be able to get something decent to start on that way.

If i enjoy the guitar i'm willing to invest a good chunk of coin... But to start that may not be a bad idea.

good yamahas are good. bad ones are terrible. My first guitar was an entry level yamaha. the only upside to it was that by the time I upgraded, I was so used to pressing down mega hard on the strings that every guitar I've used since feels like butter, or cake, or whatever the phrase would be

anyway, yeah try cash converters. sometimes you can get really good deals there. Even if you get guitar with a hole in the body, or scratches, it can be so trivial that it doesn't effect the sound or mechanics, but th eprice is cheap

Edited by heyrabbit

I had some Spanish classical, I still have it and comparing to other classical guitars I heard it sounds pretty sweet. I pretty much dislike classical guitar though, they don't really suit my style of playing but they say it's best to start learning with them.