sodamntired

Smoke 'em If You Got 'em

who here would call themselves a smoker?

I smoke. I know it's a carcinogenic and I'm losing 10 minutes off of my life with every one I smoke....but I just don't care.

I think of a Sam Roberts lyric when I light one up:

"no reason to die, but no reason to care"

If someone approaches me and tells me "those will KILL you!" I just look at them with a glassy look in my eyes and respond "that's kind of the point"

I'm so bad ass. ;)

Edited by sodamntired

I smoked for 10 years (ages 11-21) and quit on August 20th, 2005. I still miss smoking and sometimes wish I hadn't quit, but it's good that I did.

the most irritating thing in the world is having non-smokers saying "you know smoking is bad for you right?" as if I had no idea. (it's like non-wrestling fans that assume that all wrestling fans think that wrestling is real)

who here would call themselves a smoker?

I smoke. I know it's a carcinogenic and I'm losing 10 minutes off of my life with every one I smoke....but I just don't care.

I think of a Sam Roberts lyric when I light one up:

"no reason to die, but no reason to care"

If someone approaches me and tells me "those will KILL you!" I just look at them with a glassy look in my eyes and respond "that's kind of the point"

I'm so bad ass. ;)

how old are you? 16?

23 almost 24.

why did i tell you that? I smoke out of boredom. and I used to work at a used cd store, smoke breaks meant more breaks, because my boss smoked too.....so did my co-workers. more breaks = less work. plus two of my girlfriend(s) smoked. and dating Shauna was the best relationship I have had so far. we'd smoke, make out, sleep together. it was great.

Edited by sodamntired

Tim, how the hell did you start smoke at 11?

well, my brothers smoked and I hung out with them and their friends a lot (I went to a catholic school that was about an hour away from my house so I didn't have a lot of friends in the area I lived in) and one day my brother Walter told me that if I didn't try a cigarette, I couldn't hang out with them. so I did, and I just kept smoking because I liked it

Sooo basically smokers just smoke to be "rebellious" then? They just don't care? That's cool.

No, i don't think that's it.

I'd say it's more like they considered the risks and decided that the enjoyment outweighs the long-term health detriments.

I'd also say it's more or less in the same category as alcohol. Everyone knows it's bad for you, but people do it anyway.

one day my brother Walter told me that if I didn't try a cigarette, I couldn't hang out with them. so I did, and I just kept smoking because I liked it

I'd say it's more like they considered the risks and decided that the enjoyment outweighs the long-term health detriments.

;)

I presonally have never smoked, but I'm sure I would have it my friends did.

well, my brothers smoked and I hung out with them and their friends a lot (I went to a catholic school that was about an hour away from my house so I didn't have a lot of friends in the area I lived in) and one day my brother Walter told me that if I didn't try a cigarette, I couldn't hang out with them. so I did, and I just kept smoking because I liked it

Aww that's kind of sad. Glad you quit ;)