heyrabbit

Lupus Discrimination On The Bored

Your opinion on lupus  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on lupus

• Lupus is a serious disease and should be taken seriously. End the hate!
    • Fuck people with lupus!
    • It's funny because other people have it.
    • lupus rhymes with dufus
    • Your mom has lupus!
    • What's lupus?
    • I'm glad I don't have lupus
    • It's acceptable to say lupus for humor's sake in the same way that it's acceptable to make fun of people with the gay disease

I've noticed that the Bored has targeted lupus victims for the sake of some sick sense of humor. I, for one, don't condone this type of discrimination. You may notice certain tasteless remarks on the bored such as "you have lupus", or "it's ALWAYS lupus".

A bit about lupus...

Lupus is an autoimmune disease that can affect various parts of the body, including the skin, joints, heart, lungs, blood, kidneys and brain. Normally the body's immune system makes proteins called antibodies, to protect the body against viruses, bacteria, and other foreign materials. These foreign materials are called antigens...

Inflammation is considered the primary feature of lupus. Inflammation, which in Latin means "set on fire," is characterized by pain, heat, redness, swelling and loss of function, either on the inside or on the outside of the body (or both)...

For most people, lupus is a mild disease affecting only a few organs. For others, it may cause serious and even life-threatening problems. Although epidemiological data on lupus is limited, studies suggest that more than 16,000 Americans develop lupus each year.

To learn more or donate, go

here or here

my roommate has a friend who was going to visit her in res last year but my roommate didn't want her to come because she has lupus and would just be a wet blanket the whole weekend. we now refer to her a 'lupus' and it has given us many laughs. so i voted "It's funny because other people have it."

ill change it when i get home. it was supposed to match the house theme and not meant to offend anyone.

im tempted to change it to you have gingavitis.

I know, don't worry. I like it

I had no idea what's lupus before this thread. Now I know.

then my job is done.

Edited by heyrabbit