beerman37

You've Got To Be Kidding Me

Tag goes the way of Dodgeball...

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colo. School Bans Tag on Its Playground

Aug 30, 7:44 AM (ET)

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) - An elementary school has banned tag on its playground after some children complained they were harassed or chased against their will.

"It causes a lot of conflict on the playground," said Cindy Fesgen, assistant principal of the Discovery Canyon Campus school.

Running games are still allowed as long as students don't chase each other, she said.

Fesgen said two parents complained to her about the ban but most parents and children didn't object.

In 2005, two elementary schools in the nearby Falcon School District did away with tag and similar games in favor of alternatives with less physical contact. School officials said the move encouraged more students to play games and helped reduce playground squabbles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So lets see, instead of punishing the kids that may have been overly aggressive in chasing kids that weren't interested in playing tag the school board decides to ban the game of tag altogether. Brilliant.

That's just how it works these days. A couple morons shoot marbles out of a paintball gun, so someone gets all up in arms about banning painbtball as a whole. Same thing with the street racers and the legitimate, law abiding car enthusiasts.

I, myself am a victim of never wanting to play tag but always somehow getting sucked into it.

Seeing as the person always tagging me is either 2 or 10 years younger than me, I just tag them right back. If you said toi me 'no tag backs' I'd probably just ask you if you wanted to play a game I like to call 'punch tag'

Anyways... stupid thing to do, banning something only for a couple kids...

when I first heard this story on the radio the other day I expected it to be about kids saying that they were touched inappropriately while playing tag or something along those lines, once I heard that it was because the kids just didn't want to play and were being pussies about it, I was pretty irritated.

really, if I had kids and one of them came home and said "daddy, today at space school (it'll happen in the future) the kids were playing tag and they made me play even though I didn't to. it made me really sad and upset" I'd look him straight in the eye and say "STOP BEING A FUCKING PUSSY!!! Since you're such a pussy I'm taking away your hover board! and you're grounded!" and then I'd beat him

Yeah seriously, I think that's horrible. Games with less physical contact? Way to make kids into adults with intimacy issues :S

I'm kind of surprised that more kids didn't object actually...

I remember when they banned Butts-Up and Red Rover in our elementary school, everyone was pissed.

i have observed this at work that parents don't tell their children NO!!! anymore.

this is because they don't want to hurt their poor, innocent little sweethearts self-esteem. but that what's life is: pain. you need to learn to pick yourself up and move on.

Yeah seriously, I think that's horrible. Games with less physical contact? Way to make kids into adults with intimacy issues :S

I'm kind of surprised that more kids didn't object actually...

I remember when they banned Butts-Up and Red Rover in our elementary school, everyone was pissed.

Does Butts-Up end with someone against the wall getting a tennis ball thrown at them?

If you fumble the ball and don't get to the wall, before someone else throws it against the wall, yeah.

But the person faced the wall, and everyone knew not to aim for anywhere other than the ass. Hence "Butts-Up".

Honestly, the only reason why it was banned, was because kids were coming home with giant muddy marks on their school uniform.