sodamntired

I remember that, coz my parents had a game on the computer where I typed in my name there and then the game popped up.

Ahhh, that good old (educational) ABC game...

HURRAH FOR DOS!

I remember being about 15 and renting Transformers the Movie and at the beginning the narrator was all "the year is 2004" or something and I was disappointed because it was 1999 and there were still no Transforming robots or hoverboards.

I remember playing Yukon trail on an old crappy Mac in my school (pretty sure it wasn't Oregon trail). I have this weird fear of people born after the 80's. I was at work and was talking about 1996 and how that year stuck in my mind, i was in grade 5 lol and it's some of my earliest memories and being told by one of my co-workers that she was 5 in 1996 - i started to flip out lol. The 90's were the shit, i started using a computer, learned the basics of how to use the internet - it kick some ass. In terms of looking back, it does freak me out a bit that we're in 2007 but at the same time it feels like all of this was a natural progression. Flying cars seem like too big a leap in my mind and I dont know if i ever really thought they would become a reality.

I remember playing Yukon trail on an old crappy Mac in my school (pretty sure it wasn't Oregon trail).

They had both. Yukon was better because sometimes you didn't die. I think there was also Amazon Trail.

By now, we should have nuclear fusion generators in full operation worldwide.

Edited by Sparq

Commander Keen for the win! Man, those DOS games were the best.

I know, I love Commander Keen! We have 1 and 4 on the computer, But 1 doesn't work so I only really play 4.... Ahhhh the cheats on that one are awesome (so is the giant foot)

So many good games...

EDIT: I just remembered... LEMMINGS!

Edited by spring90

i work with all sorts of people born in the 90's. some of them are cool, but most of them make me feel ancient.

i'll add that when i was their age, i couldn't understand how older people could get out of touch with the young ones. but at 23, talking to a 16 year old, it's like we're talking a different language.

I thought we'd have meals in pill form by now. On another note....

TANK WARS WAS FUCKING AMAZING!!

Did you guys know that trick where if your power was (800 + 2 for every health you were missing) your shot would just keep going through anything until it hit someone? Oh man. And then there were those megaton bombs, and the laser....

The Vertical guide would take care of the vertical plane for you, so all you had to do was line your shot up horizontally. Usually all you had to do was shoot it way too high in someoneone's direction, and it would stop over their heads and come crashing down.

The H Guide wasn't as good, because if someone was below you, it was hard to hit them.

zzzv.jpg

zzh.jpg