Well it's true, I've listened to most of the covers she's done, Excepyt for her cover of 'Chop suey' and they all are really bad...

And with her new album out, I know I'm going "*sigh* I miss you from when you first came out, you were so much less annoying and easy to ignore..."

did they even change it? i haven't heard it in so long, and i hadn't heard the original till recently.

They put that junky assed synth ska/reggae shit they play into it, and it took all of the emotion out of the song. I want to beat them for this.

I much prefer Matthew Good Band's Enjoy the Silence over the original. It's just got such a better beat to it.

And Ryan Adams' cover of Wonderwall is indeed pretty sweet.

But this thread is about sucky covers so let's see....

I don't mind Rob Thomas, but I'm pretty sure his cover of 1979 sucks. And I think some band recently covered the goo goo dolls' Iris, which was a bad idea because they fucking ruined it.

Edited by Gomo

I heard it purely by accident...and it wasn't a happy accident...like waking up with a hot blonde in your bed, and you don't remember how she got there..but that kind of zipping yourself in your fly kind of painful unpleasant accident...