shade

Radiohead - In Rainbows

hey, I like amnesiac!

I know what you mean though, it seems like people dislike it for the most part. For me its probably:

Ok Computer

Amnesiac

Kid A

The Bends

Hail to the Thief

Pablo Honey

Too hard to say where the new one fits yet, but it's very strong in my opinion.

I almost peed myself with the "that muse album" addition, that was brilliant... Although I have to give them props on their latest album because it doesn't sound like a Radiohead cover band, and they have a couple of decent original tracks on it (Knights of Cydonia rocks). But lets stay on topic....

nobody likes amnesiac ;)

Amnesiac is one of my 3 favorite albums of all time...

It'd depend on my mood for the rest of the album ranking as well. Amnesiac is my favorite though coz I can sit there and listen to it the whole way through. also the first Radiohead album I heard.

Edited by spring90

hey, I like amnesiac!

I know what you mean though, it seems like people dislike it for the most part. For me its probably:

Ok Computer

Amnesiac

Kid A

The Bends

Hail to the Thief

Pablo Honey

Too hard to say where the new one fits yet, but it's very strong in my opinion.

I almost peed myself with the "that muse album" addition, that was brilliant... Although I have to give them props on their latest album because it doesn't sound like a Radiohead cover band, and they have a couple of decent original tracks on it (Knights of Cydonia rocks).  But lets stay on topic....

yah, don't get me wrong.. there is nothing like a Muse concert (they are ridiculously good live-if you ever get a chance to see them, do NOT hesitate) and I LOVE Black Holes and Revelations, but some of their older stuff is pretty radiohead-y. they're one of my favourite bands, actually.

There's nothing at all wrong with Amnesiac, its only so low because all the albums before it are nearly perfect. the truth is I just haven't listened to it enough to be that crazy about it (I guess its a grower). Plus, I had to bump up The Bends because songs like street spirit, just and fake plastic trees are easily some of their best even if there are a couple on there that I'd skip.

Edited by primetime_deliverance

well, we agree that hail was better.

well, HTTT is probably my favourite album of all time, along with The Audio of Being, so... ;)

it pains me to see it so low on many people's lists. Amnesiac is criminally underrated too.

but I'm loving In Rainbows, it's different, and something totally unexpected or Radiohead.

the hood internet dudes made a nice mashup of Reckoner with Eve: http://www.zshare.net/audio/4288978644ef40/

are you saying how they released it is unexpected, or the content of the album? good or not, it's not exactly mind blowingly different.

the way they released it, for sure, and the content as well. musically they're not doing anything groundbreaking, but if you don't take the Eraser into consideration, the shift in mood from HTTT to In Rainbows is quite drastic, in my humble opinion. Radiohead has never sounded this warm, relaxed, dreamy, delicate and, ermm...sexy. who would have expected Yorke to write something like "I don't wanna be your friend, I just wanna be your lover" and croon like a 60s pop star let's say, 5-10 years ago. ;)

well, i know i certainly didn't. :angry:

Edited by Salto

Even though I'd already DLed it online, I got In Rainbows at Futureshop for free.. They had a buy 2 get 1 free thing and I could only find 2 other good CDs in the building. I got it mainly for the album stickers..

About the album, I still think it's great. Disc 1 is better than Disc 2 but they're both pretty damn good. When it came out I was expecting more of a Hail to the Thief: Volume 2, so what it actually came out like was pleasant to the ears.