S.E. Hardy

Kenya

So me and my sister are going to Kenya for 6 weeks at the end of November. We are volunteering at an orphanage (and no, it's not a church thing. It's a I really want to go to Africa, but the idea of spending a significant amount of time doing nothing in a poor country seems almost sadistic, thing).

So we work during the week and then have the weekends to do as we will. The orphanage is in Ngong, just outside Nairobi (it's where Isak Dinesen lived, and wrote Out of Africa about).

My sister has pretty decent Swahili, plus a lot of people in Kenya do speak English...

Has anybody been? Any tips, or cool things to do?

Wow, going to Africa is cool. My Mom went a few years ago, with my aunt and uncle(he's Nigerian) A friend of theirs from College was working in Kenya, so they visited. My mom was blown away by some of the things she saw. She said it was a beautiful place, that seemed to be drowning in sadness.

Wow... that is beautiful. THANK YOU!!!

I am officially saying "I'm going to Kenya, they've got lions in Kenya" whenever I tell anyone! ;)

Don't forget it's also where the giraffes are. And the zebraaahs. :angry: