Ravenous megin-sane

Handsome Men.

Az is living the way of the future. Expecting people to pay for music these days is a lost cause and is only becoming increasingly so. Most artists realize this, and are accepting merchandise and ticket (not cd) sales for their income. Resistance is futile.

Edited by Christing

if they want to make money, why are they musicians? a paycheck should just be icing on the cake.

anyways, i'm downloading some of his chunes right now. other than the torrent stopped/paused so i have to be patient.

the thing about pro athletes is this: the only reason that you know how much money they make is because pro sports is entertainment for the masses and people are obsessed with fame.

if you knew how much money the CEOs of major corporations were making, you'd flip. its a hell of a lot more than pro athletes, and to think that MOST CEOs dont contribute anything near as much as they should, dollar for dollar. there was an article in a magazine a few months ago that showed the average CEO makes more in one day than the average person makes in one year.

pro athlete's are getting paid what the owners of the clubs are willing to pay them in order for their business to turn a profit. the financial anomoly with pro sports is that its unique in the way that its front line soldiers are the ones with notariety and big paycheques.

you know who you should be trying to take down? businesses like wal-mart who pay their front liners fuck all and have their GMs and RMs making 6 figures+ while playing golf three-four times a week.

Edited by mr. smithee

I generally target anyone who gets paid a lot of money to do something they thoroughly enjoy anyway, so chances are that'll include most upper-echelon executive types anyway. I love how severely we've hijacked this thread, by the way.

all i'm saying is there's a slight difference between making copius amounts of money and being able to survive on the money you're making.

Trying to stifle the effect that the internet has brought to the retail music industry is like trying to stop a volcano from erupting; entirely hopeless. When someone decides to be a musician for a living in this day and age, they have to accept that cash will be tight unless/until they build a big enough fan base to live comfortably off of touring, etc. Sure, it sucks for the artists that have to go through this transition period, but isn't playing music what it's supposed to be about, after all? You can't be in it for the money.

you know who you should be trying to take down? businesses like wal-mart who pay their front liners fuck all and have their GMs and RMs making 6 figures+ while playing golf three-four times a week.

I refuse to shop anywhere that is Wal-mart-esque. Their entire operation is offensively cheap; the ones I've been to are never kept very clean, they have terrible customer service, low wages for their workers, and low quality products that aren't even worth the unnecessarily low prices they can only afford to provide because they're such cheap fucks. Whenever anyone I know talks about these "great deals" they got at Wal-mart, I die little inside.

GOOD call, Muran. He would normally be the first man I'd think of. I knew there was a reason I hadn't posted anyone yet. This calls for more

Edited by Christing