Are you watching the Olympics?

Are you watching the Olympics?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Are you watching the Olympics?

• yes, I try to watch as much as possible
    • no, i try to avoid it
    • yes, only the good events
    • yes, only because there is nothing else to watch

Well the olympics have started. And i have watched a little bit of it. Who else is watching it? Do you think there is too much coverage of the olympics on TV? Does anyone really give a crap?

I find that I only get good coverage on American channels... and I don't care about American athletes. But considering that Canada would only send Canadian athletes that were ranked in the top 12 in the world, there are allot of sports that don't have Canadian representation.

Peace

Ive been following it, i thought the opening was kinda crappy, that massive torch that got lit? I dunno I felt that kinda blew, ive seen better.. Phelps kicked ass in swimming yesterday broke a record, he was on the American team, and now my uncle and I are watching olympic baseball.. and i hate baseball lol.. ;)

I only watch my favourite events. But i try to watch it on a Canadian channel, which is mainly CBC. I find that the American networks ONLY focus on the american athletes. They never talk about other's success stories and what not. Every time i watch competition, there has to be an american athlete in it. I know that even with CBC they do cover more Canadian athletes but i think they show a more broad range of competition. Yah for CBC!

Guns are useful, but not good.

It's all in what you do with them...

Back on topic, I almost never watch TV myself these days. Sports rarely interest me, since the only ones I really like are Paintball and certain rally races, neither of which are on particularly often.

I did see part of the opening ceremony, if only because DJ Tiesto was playing. It was interesting, but not exactly good.

I saw one american women today, who was running the final in the 100m hurdles, and when she was getting set at the starting line i saw her 5 inch nails. I don't know how she could get into the starting position with those in the way. The nails must have distracted her too much because she stopped the race before jumping over the first hurdle...or maybe it was because of her calf muscle...i can't remember, it was one of those two.

Edited by lcpja

i like archery...i havbe been meanign to buy a decent bow for a while...and wrestling and judo are cool, as well as fencing...

and the opening sucked....i sat online with a friend and trashed it for two hours...i was very bored, and it was entertaining to make fun of bjork

and the swimmers who sharpy on eyebrows are my heros!

oh and i am a whore for the winter olympics, what with the hockey, curling, snowbaording/skiing, bob sledding (that stuff is nuts), figure skating....and Canada is actually good at these olympics!!!

Edited by Boond

I love the Winter Olympics.

Of course Figure Skating is the best (shut up don't mock it...i was a figure skater for 10 yrs) If i miss it then i must tape it.

I don't know where the 2006 olympics are but i think that the 2008 olympics are in China...now that will be interesting.