reckoner

New Acoustic Songs Tabs

Hey, this is the tab for If I was a tidal wave: (I learned it watching Matt play the song on Youtube)

This is my first attempt at making a tab, the basics are in there. I suggest watching this video to get the timing and some of the intricacies right because you can see his hands well enough to tab it yourself.

If I Was a Tidal Wave:

2nd fret capo regular tuning or 3rd fret capo if tuned down a step.

All chords/fingering is in relation to the capo.

C C/B? Am* G C? G?

0 0 0 3 0 3

1 1 1 3 1 3

0 0 2 0 0 2

2 0 2 0 3 0

3 2 0 2 3 0

X X X 3 0 3

Intro/Verse:

C C/B? Am* G

Hit the root chord to start the first two chords to get the proper effect of the song. (Hit the 5th string on the C and C/B? to start)

Am *=Pull-off on the 2nd string ( listen to the song to get the strumming and the timing right)

At the end of the G chord play (transition into the C chord to start over the verse)

-----

-----

-----

-----

0-2-3

-----

Chorus:

Why don't you guys just look here?

I really hope you know of this site.

I find that site to be a major disappointment. I understand the aspect of "community" and playing-nicely-in-the-sandbox, but when there are four or five different tabs per song it's usually because one or more are direly incorrect. I hope I'm not offending anyone, but there is an individual on that site who posts a NUMBER of tabs and I'd estimate that 90% of them are wrong. It's like he's on a mission to be the first one to post Matthew Good tabs, and it taints the lot of them. I've abandoned that web page for just listening to the songs by ear and learning them myself.

That's not to say that some of them aren't correct, but there are enough that are incorrect to spoil the lot. As a wiki site people really should just make adjustments and delete the bad eggs.

I find that site to be a major disappointment. I understand the aspect of "community" and playing-nicely-in-the-sandbox, but when there are four or five different tabs per song it's usually because one or more are direly incorrect. I hope I'm not offending anyone, but there is an individual on that site who posts a NUMBER of tabs and I'd estimate that 90% of them are wrong. It's like he's on a mission to be the first one to post Matthew Good tabs, and it taints the lot of them. I've abandoned that web page for just listening to the songs by ear and learning them myself.

That's not to say that some of them aren't correct, but there are enough that are incorrect to spoil the lot. As a wiki site people really should just make adjustments and delete the bad eggs.

All in all, the site is fairly accurate, although there seem to definitely be some problems with some of the songs. I haven't come across too many with more than two or three different tabs, most just have one. I have contributed a bit to the acoustic stuff and I don't unless I'm completely sure I'm right about it. I think it's certainly a good resource for beginning players, but if you're more advanced you should be able to figure them out on your own, and if you can't - don't play them!

I guess I should have elaborated a little more... I think it's a great place to find acoustic versions.

Just easy chords to strum with some friends, at the campfire, for your own please or whatever.

I do agree with your however how some of the electric guitar tabs are horrid, especially the solo and lead guitar attempts.

But like I said, for anyone who can sing, or has a friend who can sing and wants to play a matt good tune, the chords are usually flawless,

or at least sound good with the vocals on top, gives the song a different approach too.

And this thread is for acoustic tabs... why I supplied the link for those who haven't found it yet.

Hey thanks alot for the tab for I wish i was a tidal wave.

I'm working on the accoustic version of generation xwing, but am having minimal luck. The chords online say:

FC G

first of all what the heck is a FC chord and second of all.

any ideas.

Hey thanks alot for the tab for I wish i was a tidal wave.

I'm working on the accoustic version of generation xwing, but am having minimal luck. The chords online say:

FC G

first of all what the heck is a FC chord and second of all.

any ideas.

...Just a typo. Should read F C G they just forget a space is all.

I'm at the office right now and I don't have my guitar with me, but there's a trick to making that chord progression sound right.

The F is played with the thumb on the root note (first fret, low E string) and the E chord shape is made with the other four fingers. (3rd finger on the A third fret, 4th finger on the D 3rd fret, first finger on the B first fret, and use your second finger to hammer-on the G string second fret.) Leaving the high E string open, you hammer on that 2nd fret (the note is an A) on one strum, then quickly re-align your fingers to land on the C chord.

If I remember correctly, then that's it.

Start practicing using your thumb on that bass note if you aren't comfortable already. It opens up a lot of hammer-on stuff that standard barre chords make impossible. It will allow you to have more of a Hendrix or Frusciante feel to your playing.

That's right....the riff that some people might hear is simply him hammering-on the d-string in a C chord and the g-string in an F chord (that he plays 133210 with the thumb as the root F).

Matt does this a lot in many of his songs, you can hear it all the time.

This tab was alright but the chorus chords are Am, G, F.

I mostly went off this video and the chords I have are right, sounds good on the recording too, the only thing I overlooked was the bridge of the song I didn't put the full chords but if you can get what I have, you can figure it out on your own.

Hey everyone,

I know it's not matt good, but there is this song I am trying to learn. The song is by the Damnwells and its called tonight and forever. I think I have the intro/verse down, but the course is giving me some trouble. It sounds like there are some quick variations in there and I just cannot get it to sound right.

This is a cover of the song, which is what I am aiming for it to sound like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvYNh1Zun4g

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trying to learn it for a friend of mine ;)

p.s. Its a pretty good tune. enjoy it.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could provide the guitar tab

for Empty's Theme Park.

The acoustic portion that Matt's been playing at his recent shows sound amazing

I know it's Capo on the 1st fret

and i think the tuning is non-standard.

just can't figure it out even with YouTube.

Thanks

Hello Yafumi,

I don't have my guitar as I am not at home, however, from viewing the video it appears to be as simple as Em, C, G, D. A chord progression that has been used time and time and time and time and time again.

Edited by jrw

Hey everyone,

I know it's not matt good, but there is this song I am trying to learn. The song is by the Damnwells and its called tonight and forever. I think I have the intro/verse down, but the course is giving me some trouble. It sounds like there are some quick variations in there and I just cannot get it to sound right.

This is a cover of the song, which is what I am aiming for it to sound like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvYNh1Zun4g

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trying to learn it for a friend of mine ;)

p.s. Its a pretty good tune. enjoy it.

Really great song man..as far as I can tell this is how its played (capo on the first fret)

Tonight & Forever Damnwells Cover

G: 320003 (but hammers on the first fret of the B-string in the intro and verse as you can hear)

C: X32003 (also hammers on the first fret of the B-string)

Intro/Verse: G C

Pre-chorus: Am // D // Am // D // Am // Am // D // D (each double slash represents a bar)

Chorus: G // D // Em D // G // x3 (again, each double-slash represents a new bar - the Em the D chords are played pretty quick)

Post-Chorus: G (..”I’ll never live, die without you..”)

Verse: G C

Pre-chorus: Am // D // Am // D // Am // Am // D // D (each double slash represents a bar)

Chorus: G // D // Em D // G // x3 (each double-slash represents a new bar - the Em the D chords are played pretty quick)

Post-Chorus #2: G (..”I’ll never live, die without you..”)

Interlude Section: Em (played just before he says “you”) D C x4

Chorus: G // D // Em D // G // x3 (each double-slash represents a new bar - the Em the D chords are played pretty quick)

Post-Chorus: G (..”I’ll never live, die without you..”)

Outro: (“..without you..”) G C (same as verse)

Edited by johnerwin

Hey, I was wondering, is there any way to play Indestructible without a capo?

Playing it the same way without the capo would just modulate it down a tone.. but if you want to play it in the same key just find the right chord voicings (that are different from when the capo was on) and go from there.

It won't sound the same, but it'll still be the right chords.