flipzoso

Dala: Pulls Out , Scheduling Conflicts

Errr I guess this is old news now but....

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=323416286

End of the Road

It has been an incredible cross-country adventure and we couldn't be more grateful for the experience. However, due to a scheduling conflict, we won't be able to complete the tour with Matthew Good. Our last show will be in Cobalt, Ontario on Saturday November 3.

Edited by flipzoso

The opener since Brandon, MB is NLX.

That's her stage name. Her fuller name is Natasha Alexandra.

The main news posting is all spelt wrong!

She's on the tour until Vernon.

She's Canadian, lives in NYC, and opened for David Usher on tour this spring.

www.nlxmusic.com is where you can find out more.

Dala: Pulls Out

I use condoms so I don't have to pull out!

anyway, hula, aside from the "lalalas" Dala was well written, though I agree with you about the blonde one, I wanted to do things to her...

she was really friendly too when I met her.

Ok whats up with this. Not sure if they had to pull out or Matt gave them the boot:

Unfortunately, Dala was unable to make the rest of the dates due to their inability to travel the distances. They were initially traveling on my bus, but on this leg I have had some close friends sign up to finish the tour with me, so it was a priority that they be given room on the bus instead. To me it seems strange. In the old days we used to drive insane distances, sleeping at night with our legs pinned against the van seat in front of us. In one instance we did that for over twenty shows in a row. The kids these days just have it too cushy.

^ from his blog.

Damn they were good:

Once again if anyone has any recordings, please let me know.

Dala was awesome live. Their recorded stuff just wasn't the same when i check it out.

I agree. The records aren't bad, but I think a lot of it is that Amanda lets loose with her vocals onstage, but seems very restrained on the records, which is disappointing because her voice is killer.

I agree. The records aren't bad, but I think a lot of it is that Amanda lets loose with her vocals onstage, but seems very restrained on the records, which is disappointing because her voice is killer.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Let me see if I can get out the Edmonton opening set from Sept 24th , if yall are interested.

Full credit goes to sgursky for taping and putting it on my FTP.

Since I dont think theres such a high demand for it on sites like Dime/Zomb/TTD I'll just let you all downlaod it straight from the fast FTP.

But please please please dont overkill by abusing, send links to a friend or two put dont post around for public.

(Also I hope I can trust you all to stay in that directory ;) )

Heres the link:

[hide_me]

http://guest.themarbleshrine.com/dala.20070924.at831.flac/[/hide_me]

Enjoy....Amanda is just amazing on 'Perfect Photo'. Wow.

Edited by flipzoso

I use condoms so I don't have to pull out!

anyway, hula, aside from the "lalalas" Dala was well written, though I agree with you about the blonde one, I wanted to do things to her...

she was really friendly too when I met her.

you met her? lucky...

i would've liked to have met her. it would have been equivalent to when i met melissa mclelland in barrie. hothothot.

I think Sheila is prettier myself, but they're both such lovely ladies. I remember first meeting them at the Calgary Stampede after they played and asking them if it was true they were opening for MG, and they said yes and that they were uberstoked, and that got me even more stoked. And then I asked them to play a song for me in Calgary, and they didn't, so they made up for it with a picture.