flipzoso

Dala: Pulls Out , Scheduling Conflicts

Kinda crummy that they had to pull out early, for what seemed to be a questionable reason, but they seemed like they had at least a decent stage presence, and will probably play folk shows all over. Almost sound like Jill Barber, just a lot less Eastern-Canada flavour.

Kinda crummy that they had to pull out early, for what seemed to be a questionable reason

Pretty sure Matt was joking.

Dala scored an appearance on a pilot episode of a CBC TV version of Vinyl Cafe, which taped the night of November 13th (the last night of the tour) in Barrie. Even if they'd stayed a few more shows, they still wouldn't have been able to finish the tour.

Edited by uglyredhonda

I rather enjoyed their live performance, but their album lacked that special something that the concert had.

Ya, live they just seem to belt it loud & let everything loose vocally. The recorded songs are quieter & more subdued. Oh well.

p.s. its awesome that one is left-handed on guitar and the other is right-handed. It looks cool on-stage.

Hey i couldn't DL the concert performance, the link doesn't work. Can someone post it again?

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

Ya, live they just seem to belt it loud & let everything loose vocally. The recorded songs are quieter & more subdued. Oh well.

same thing with melissa mcclelland. she's wonderful live but her album's don't do her talent justice.

that and they don't involve the electric organ and her clogs stomping.

Full credit goes to sgursky for taping and putting it on my FTP.

Since I dont think theres such a high demand for it on sites like Dime/Zomb/TTD I'll just let you all downlaod it straight from the fast FTP.

But please please please dont overkill by abusing, send links to a friend or two put dont post around for public.

(Also I hope I can trust you all to stay in that directory ;) )

Heres the link:

[Hidden Text]

Enjoy....Amanda is just amazing on 'Perfect Photo'. Wow.

Is there any way to get that Dala show still?

The link isn't working for me. And I really want a bootleg of their show.