like_nothing_is

Catchy Mystery Song... Help?

Hey again folks,

A friend emailed me the

[hide_me]following song[/hide_me]

(very poor quality link, sorry!). It was (supposedly) a live version of HOSAM, but it clearly isn't. Instead, it's something really catchy and new to me!

It's from Cayuga - at least, that's what the file info says - and the lyrics go something like this:

if i stay here

i don't want for nothing

i want this one when/and i wanna

with my baby with me

i don't want for nothing

i want this one when/and i wanna (repeat)

Does anyone recognize this? Thanks much!

it seems weird but of the 8 or 9 times I've seen Matt live, I don't remember him changing or adding to songs like he did here... maybe my mind is gone.

Seriously?

Shit, I remember hearing the "sweet, I'm sleepy..." ending to Suburbia, and of course extra solos and stuff in Near Fantastica and Avalanche, the extended outro to Time Bomb etc etc

Seriously?

Shit, I remember hearing the "sweet, I'm sleepy..." ending to Suburbia, and of course extra solos and stuff in Near Fantastica and Avalanche, the extended outro to Time Bomb etc etc

He does these things just as much now as he did then, the only difference being that his inclusions become future songs.

Let's not forget that Champions of Nothing and She's In It For The Money both started as lead-ins to other songs. The same way Silent Army In The Trees was used to lead-in to Black Helicopter.

That said... I long for the days of the 15+ minute Near Fantastica. It's the best thing I've ever heard him do. Period.

He does these things just as much now as he did then, the only difference being that his inclusions become future songs.

Let's not forget that Champions of Nothing and She's In It For The Money both started as lead-ins to other songs. The same way Silent Army In The Trees was used to lead-in to Black Helicopter.

That said... I long for the days of the 15+ minute Near Fantastica. It's the best thing I've ever heard him do. Period.

The sad thing is that during that tour, Calgary was one of the first stops, so I didn't even get to hear those tunes used as lead-ins except through bootlegs ;)