Crusader

Battlestar Galactica Season 4

I've watched a bit of this but I just do not enjoy it. I'm not sure why.

I think this show is sort of like a soap opera for sci-fi nerds. a lot of drawn out melodrama, bad writing, and an uninteresting plot that's they're stumbling towards aimlessly, as it seems. The characters have that same cynical sass that makes police procedure shows boring.

... special effects are good

Also, jimi is turning in his grave for having Dylan's song used in this show

Edited by heyrabbit

Clearly I'd disagree with that...but to each his own. It's deffinetly a show you have to watch from the beginning to really get into. I know if I had only watched a handful of episodes, I'd probably feel the same way (the show didn't truly click for me until the season 1 finale)...except for the "soap opera for sci-fi nerds", when really it's more of a soap opera that happend to take place on a space ship(a lot of true sci-fi nerds really hate this show because it's not cheesy enough)...and where this soap opera isn't really a soap opera, but a character diven show in disquise.

so I was thinking, how it is that 6 dies from a single gun shot but earlier shields baltar from a nuke? i don't get it, she lived then I thought(no resurrection ship non sense.)

the show seems like it's either out of ideas for the finale or the finales some tight little ra ra 20 minutes and done and there is all this filler stuff until then...it's been decent but not exciting.

so I was thinking, how it is that 6 dies from a single gun shot but earlier shields baltar from a nuke? i don't get it, she lived then I thought(no resurrection ship non sense.)

the show seems like it's either out of ideas for the finale or the finales some tight little ra ra 20 minutes and done and there is all this filler stuff until then...it's been decent but not exciting.

the nuke killed her but kept baltar alive. she was killed by two gunshot wounds to the heart i think.

That's been bothering me too. However, it's obvious that she was destroyed in the process of protecting him. It deosn't explain his survival very well though, unless he's the 12th Cylon. If she hadn't been, that would have been a good way for her to infiltrate by joining the refugees. I also, don't understand the resurrection ship thing in some instances...They obviously can be resurrected on Basestars...so what's the big fracking deal? Okay, and my last major beef. I really wish they hadn't destroyed the Pegasus...on some levels it made sense, just like killing off the three commanders of the damned thing. Pegasus commanders are like the drummer from Spinal Tap. Cain was the perfect foil to Adama, and the President. Killing her off was such a waste. This reflects my hope from the Original Series. I had always hoped that there would just be these continual, random run-ins with the Pegasus...I still think, that should have happened here. The Pegasus should have abandoned the fleet, and Cain should have just kept popping up, here and there.

I have to agree, as good as some of the episodes have been thus far, they should be much better, and I share the opinion, that they may have painted themselves into a corner, in some ways...and the finale, may be spectacularly, disappointing. As long as they bring back Deanna..I won't be too disappointed...but, it's kind of a bummer, that something so brilliant, is so anti-climactic like a fixed boxing match.

This season has made me sad, it just doesn't feel like the same show anymore. I've only really enjoyed two episodes this year (the premier and ep 6). I don't really have any complaints about this last episode, but it's far from a favorite.

It's gotten to the point where I won't really mind waiting till 2009 for the end...though I'm sure next weeks episode will be good enough to make me miss it again.

My guess is that we won't find out who ths finale cylon is, but to mix things up, I'd say it's likely that people are gonna start figuring out who the final four are.

i'm glad i'm not the only one who feels this way. it started off fairly compelling this year but it's just dragging now. Maybe it's the mystery when a show opens and feeling it out. but now it's like just going through the motions. A lot of the stuff that happened, in the past 3 seasons(the occupation, the shrine thing from the 1st year) just really really make little sense or helped move the plot along now in hindsight. I really am also starting to wane on the constant satires of the US political climate. It's nice but we get it.

I love the characters of the show the personalities, just wish there was more plot and less drama.

Before watching the last episode, I was really getting annoyed with the subplots, and the political nonsense. However, after the last episode I was greatly excited, and saw that old potential flashing back. The resolution of Lampkin was very well done, and compelling. I'm not happy with Adama leaving the way he did...I'm also pissed that all we saw was the end result of the battle between the basestar and the other cylons.

no comments about the mid-season finale?

hmm...it was decent. I'm not sure how I feel about starbuck being sooooo important and then sooooo unimportant(it seems like katee sackoff has a movie or something going on) these cameo like appearances are weird. I love admiral adama his character is so great. The co-op to earth was okay, kinda sets up an interesting finish(and a gooey happy ending)

I'm bummed out it will be so long until the wrapping up. The shows climax leaves a serious void in my tv watching.

rdm promised a tv movie by the end of the year before we get the second half of the season. i was quite pleased with the mid-season finale, personally.

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
when they showed earth all i could think was. VANCOUVER LOL

and adama's reaction. oh man.

i hope gaius baltar isn't the fifth.

The mid season Finally was awesomeness. I too am bothered by the lack of Starbuck. We must have more Starbuck, damnit.

I really liked the whole Adama/Roslin thing too...it's about damned time. And Roslin's whole flashback/epiphany was some of the best writing I've seen all season. In short, they went a long way towards correcting a very messy set of episodes...Impressive. I love that Helo has gotten such a big role, and the interactions with Basestar Boomer, are also very well written.

The Best part though? THE RETURN OF DEANNA!!!! BATHE HER AND BRING HER TO ME. Shit, I'd be the 5th Cylon for 5 mins alone with her.

I still don't like the whole Apollo out of the Military thing, it really eats my ass. Even though, I like the way the storyline has been done...I still want him back in the military.

Edited by bishopx

rdm promised a tv movie by the end of the year before we get the second half of the season.

For those that don't know, the TV movie will take place on Caprica over 50 years prior to the show (in and around the time cylons were first created). If the ratings are solid it will lead into it's own series.

Also webisodes are planned for the mid-season gap, and up to three tv-movies could be filmed imediately after they wrap up the season which would be stand alone stories taken place thoughout the series (ala Razor).

Overall I really liked the mid-season finale. The cliffhanger was done really well. It was big and I totally didn't see it coming, yet it wasn't suspensful urgent jepordy, which will make the 7-9 month wait more bareable.

ugh...I like a mid season prequel. but 3 more afterwards? or worse some time during the run would be killing it. I wouldn't mind a post bsg kinda thing that could open up a whole slew of possibilities.

it's a shot that star trade voyager never took off with, but opening up a world already kinda charted with in the future(different) would be really really wicked.

I just my friend hooked on the show and when I told him he'd have to wait until January for the final ten episodes he snapped. I laughed, but also cried, 'cos I've gotta wait that long too.

You should be excited. Though don't let the mini-series scare you off, it's a bit more sci-fi heavy, and goes at a slower pace then the rest of the series (it's still good though). I've got a friend I'm trying to push the serie on but she hasn't got past the mini-series, and I don't think she's gonna give the show a chance, which is a shame.