Blender

Matt Playing Stateside?

Hey what up everyone it's been a longggg time since I've posted.

Just had a question, is Matt playin' anything in the NYC/Jersey area? Well anything even in the tri state area?

I seen the Massey Hall show and it was incredible but I really want to see a show with my girl who's going to Rutgers.

Thanks peeps

wow philly would be awesome, i know he played asbury park once. But if he plays philly its an hour from my place in Ocean city. That would be so stellar. NYC would be another great show though

i used to live in brigantine...ocean city is cool. lol the stone pony was a trip I think it's shut down, actually that would be a horrible play for MG to play. clearly there is 1000 little places in nyc or right around it.

in philly he could play the tla, tin angel, the north star would be real cool, i'd bet he plays at the kyber though if he makes it to philly. the kyber is a cool little place but it's in the best neighborhood in the city and close to south street a must see for any travelers.

It would be great to see him become popular in the U.S. - I've been a Canadian fan for a decade and I've been introducing every American I meet to his music. After all, how many artists take the time to intimiately joke with the crowd, jump off the bus to shake hands, have concers inside their apartment or stick around for at least an hour after their show is due to end?

I don't understand how he couldn't be huge in the States, it seems like his music is very accessible to a large chunk of the population... he's one of my favourite artists and even my parents hum along when one of his songs comes on the radio, which is weird because they are strongly opposed to anything post-1979.

it would be great to see him get the recognition he deserves down there, but perhaps there's something about his sound/approach that is distinctly Canadian, I think of the Tragically Hip here, a great band that just couldn't seem to break in down south. we really shouldn't need to look to the states for validation though, he's tearing it up northside and i think that's enough validation in itself.

I didn't want to spam topics but there are 2 us tour dates schedule for MG on is this weekend in rodchester and one in march in vermont(yippie!)

http://pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?Cont...=Artist&PSKey=Y

hopefully there will be some more dates posted so we can all cram ticketmaster and southwest airlines websites : )