ok, so it's like this. I own a couple albums by them, and a few singles...but it wasn't until a couple nights ago that I began to really listen to them. they are very very good. I think I will burn a copy for a buddy at work and tell him they sound like "Nine Inch Nails meets Jim Morrison."

Any other fans on the Bored?

Edited by sodamntired

from wikipedia

released in 1997 saw The Tea Party's first foray into electronica, the sound not unlike Nine Inch Nails

and there's a few times Jeff Martin's voice reminds me of Morrison. and

teaparty.jpg

jim-morrison.jpg

deal with it.

Edited by sodamntired

I enjoyed their albums. I saw them play a few times and always enjoyed that as well. They used to cover DCD songs all the time, and that endeared them to me. They also did an orchestral tour in 2002 that was fabulous (even though it was sponsored by duMaurier).

Jeff Martin's solo effort was contrived and pretentious though...kinda spoiled everything for me.

from wikipedia

and there's a few times Jeff Martin's voice reminds me of Morrison. and

teaparty.jpg

jim-morrison.jpg

deal with it.

oh, well... if wikipedia says so...

i know he looks like jim morrison. i get it. you didn't need to post pictures. he's more jim morrison than i'll ever be. but if you say something is "oneband meets anotherband" then you're saying that not only does the band sound like those aforementioned acts, but is also of the same quality. the tea party ≠ nine inch nails or the doors. they might try to sound like them, but do they ultimately succeed??? i think not. put that in your camera phone and smoke it.

The Tea Party is really not all that bad, they did something really nice while playing here in Buffalo just after Sept 11, 2001, during Save Me, Jeff said "This is for those who gave their lives, in order to save others" and moved into Heroes by David Bowie, followed by Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley.