superlight

Matt On The Hour / Strombo Show Next Week

precisely.

...add to this a few other notables about the properties and effects of ativan, his subsequent actions, and the phsychiatrist i was watching the interview with almost fell off his chair.

Yeah, I was pretty confused when he said something like taking more kept making him more euphoric? It didn't really make sense to me. Especially when you're drinking alcohol with it. I mean, you would feel good (at first) but then there is this little thing called unconsciousness that should follow WAY before 45mg.

Mind you, I'm not judging, just confuseful (new word - score!)

I assumed he had a breakdown due to the various things that were going wrong in his life and he wanted to do something to end it all. I'm not saying he tried to off himself necessarily, but I think it was definitely a cry for help, which he seems to have gotten. Like Meg, I don't blame him for trying to make the story sound as simple as possible. I would hate to be in his position, being constantly watched/judged, even in your weakest moments.

I just feel that it's a disservive to 'the public' if he wants to be a champion or advocate or whatever you want to call if for mental disease to not be honest the ramifications of said disease. He has been very vocal as of late about the subject and I give him kudos for that. But, in my pharmaceutically informed professional opinion, calling it a 'slip up' is pretty careless on his part.

I'm not saying he needs to make his whole life public, it just seems hypocritical to want to talk about one aspect of a disease (the diagnosis and manifestations precluding that) but not another (suicidality or thoughts thereof). I understand that whether or not that was the case, he might not want to mention it because the more influential side of his fanbase might look at it differently or have different ideas on the subject (ie - more of a permanent solution to a fixable problem rather than the manifestation of mental illness).

That and I think that technically he could get criminal problems with a failed suicide attempt I think. Because it's technically illegal to kill yourself.

Then again, and I know from experience, when you're there, you're not there by choice. He said it oh so well in one of the two Strombo interview, you just want it (the pain or feeling) to stop...not necessarily life.

how or why his overdose happened is pretty irrelevant. the fact is, it did. and now he knows he's bipolar and can deal with it, and clearly help other people deal with it too.

he's probably not getting into it with his fans, 'cause he's not looking for any of the ones who may know a lot about pharmaceuticals to give him advice about what (or how) he should take. he's obviously is in a better place now and can look back at the experience and see it as a mistake, rather than a conscious or unconscious effort to hurt himself.

100% agreed cute Meg! ;)

As I and many more here have often said, his mental condition should not be a subject of discussion amongst us unless he's included in the conversation. None of our business and, at the end of the day, all we can do is speculate.

Edited by Prosis

Yes, I do enjoy my Matt Good. I'm just dissapointed I couldn't go see him the last few times he has been around. Stupid being too depressed to try and buy tickets when they went on sale the day of my Mom's funeral. Then this last tour...that was just another can of worms.

I find it amazing how some of the best artists are those who experience mental health issues and are those who are most vocal about it, as well. It's actually really encouraging to see as its helped take away the stigma of mental health, in a sense.