Crusader

Let's Name This Nerd Shack

Speaking from the perspective of an IT support professional (on paper) "go fuck yourself, you ignorant cockbag".

And if that doesn't fly, "Problem exists between keyboard and chair".

Edited by Sparq

You can sing the song either way. Or:

A glove slap in a little old face will

Get you satisfaction.

Glove slap ba-a-beee

(Glove slap, baby)

Glove slap, baby, glove slap!

Glove slap, I don't take crap!

Glove slap, shut your big yap.

etc

Kinda on subject - I can't believe the wide range of knowledge in tech support bases. My own experience with my internet for the past 2 months is a prime example:

I don't know much about computers but I can learn and I'm really not a moron. But, it took over 2 months, 12 calls, 3 e-mails and 3 visits by an installer (and an unnecessary installation of a $100 tripod and tower to my roof) to get my internet up and running (at least for the past 24 hours - fingers crossed). I believe this is in part to having to speak to 'level 1' techs almost every time I called that either thought they could solve my problem and didn't need to transfer me to level 2 or they simply refused when I asked (because telling me to reboot my fucking computer and then saying 'well, it works' is a fucking solution). I shouldn't have to turn my computer on and off and unplug my connection every day, let alone 3-4 times a day.

But, the nice guy I talked to yesterday seems to have solved my problem, although I will not believe it until I have uninterrupted service for about a week. At the point, I will be calliing customer service/billing to ask now for my 2 free months of service I was promised because the initial 2 months I got free, was not actually service but aggravation to me. I will also be getting some sort of compensation for them sending out the installer who screwed me out of $100.

I hate these people (not IT but the internet provider).

That sounds all to familiar. I have cable internet, every few months the company calls me and says that they aren't getting a signal from my digital cable box, and can they ping it. The first time I said, well everything is working but go ahead. This caused my cable and internet to stop working, and it took 1 week and 2 different service techs to fix it. Since then I have told them that I don't care, and will call them if it breaks.

And my new suggestion is "phreaking 2700"

Edited by ToadMan