How about you shut the fuck up? Music is subjective, everyone has their own preference.

i find it ironic that you champion subjectivity in your telling someone to shut the fuck up. that was quite the quip. you seriously need a better response than the tired, philosophy 101, "look mom i'm a critical thinker!" "taste is purely subjective" comment, especially on a discussion forum where people's subjectivity is a given. thats why this place exists. i don't think shade was asserting his objectivity in calling hobo out on being a hipster. get over it.

i find it ironic that you champion subjectivity in your telling someone to shut the fuck up. that was quite the quip. you seriously need a better response than the tired, philosophy 101, "look mom i'm a critical thinker!" "taste is purely subjective" comment, especially on a discussion forum where people's subjectivity is a given. thats why this place exists. i don't think shade was asserting his objectivity in calling hobo out on being a hipster. get over it.

I agree, we all don't have the same great taste in music like you have Peter, if we choose not to like a CD or have a different opinion its just that, i don't expect to have everyone love my music, i just like to share what i listen. you seriously need to lighten up.

Also:

Pearl Jam - Live At The Gorge (7cd Box)

great live album from the archives for 2007.

I think that record is waaaaay better than the Broken Social Scene's latest.

I caught him live in Kingston a week or two ago. It was the balls.

I saw him in Toronto last Saturday. The show was awesome, except for the fact that you couldn't hear what he was singing for the first 4 songs of the set. And the sing-a-long he did at the end for "when it begins.." kinda sucked.

I saw him in Toronto last Saturday. The show was awesome, except for the fact that you couldn't hear what he was singing for the first 4 songs of the set. And the sing-a-long he did at the end for "when it begins.." kinda sucked.

Do you always have a negative view of music?

Is there anything positive that you could say about music?

I bet you can't.

Jeff Miers (music critic of the Buffalo News):

Music is supposed to be fun, for the people making the music and the folks listening to it alike. Too often, this idea is corrupted and dumbed-down these days, into the much more dubious conception that music is merely meant to be entertain - ing. This is certainly not the same thing.