I actually really didn't like In Our Bedroom After the War... I saw the Stars live at the Commodore like 2 months back 'cause my girlfriend kinda likes them, and ever since I haven't been able to listen to them. I know the album has this whole bedroom theme but it makes it boring. Even Amy Millan herself has said that she isn't good at writing music. I couldn't put this anywhere near top album.

I loved In Our Bedroom After the War (with the exception of The Ghost Of Genova Heights- that song can suck my balls).

haha yeah that song is questionable. i left that cd playing in the car one day and my brother said to me "i didn't know you listened to maroon 5?". i'm not sure what were the motivation in the vocals of that song but the rest of the album owns.

wow, i didn't know Take Me To The Riot was #3 on the Edge's Thursday 30...damn straight.

Edited by Shortcut To Moncton

After reading 11 pages of so called "albums of the year" I think i will add a new perspective to the list.

1. Anberlin - Cities (the absolute best album this year, emotionally charged rock from the best band you don't listen to yet but soon will because they landed a record deal with Universal Republic because of this CD)

2. Evans Blue - The Pursuit Begins When This Portrayal Of Life Ends (the only hard rock band that credits Matthew Good as one of their main song writing influences)

3. Matthew Good - Hospital Music (many people say this album is forgettable but everytime you put it on you remember why it was one of the most important albums of the year, hope it wins a juno)

Huh... since I didn't put my input in, I'll have to say:

Hospital Music-Matthew Good

We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank (Spitting Venom is awesome)-Modest Mouse

The new Foo Fighters and White Stripes albums were pretty good.

Smashing Pumpkins album blew so badly... So badly... The only good song on it was Doomsday Clock.

I made my own little list just after New Year's, and it was as follows:

1) Hospital Music (by ten country miles)

2) The Hunter's Lullaby - Raine Maida

3) Ashtray Rock - Joel Plaskett Emergency

4) Situation - Buck 65

5) Sprit If... - Kevin Drew