muffledscreams

Upcoming United States Shows

What! Another DC-area fan? Wow. I only know ONE person outside of myself in this area who knows/loves MG. He's originally from Buffalo, so he got to see some shows when he lived there (lucky). Are you going to the Iota show?

Yep, the user "Jay" is apparently another one; he's from Woodbridge in Prince William County, VA, as his location data says.

I'm not going to the IOTA show, as I will be at college in Norfolk, Virginia. I wish, though! You have fun for the both of us!

That is quite odd. Was it just how the flight path went? Sometimes they do strange things like that. For example: While researching flights to see if it was cheaper to drive or fly to the Kitchener show from the DC area, I saw many flights going from DC area airports to places like Dallas before going to Toronto.

That is quite odd. Was it just how the flight path went? Sometimes they do strange things like that. For example: While researching flights to see if it was cheaper to drive or fly to the Kitchener show from the DC area, I saw many flights going from DC area airports to places like Dallas before going to Toronto.

Going to Sacramento one year, Air Canada had a flight package where I'd have flown to San Francisco, then back up north to Sacramento.

I ended up not doing that.

Detroit last night was pretty awesome. A guy next to we said that his friend who bartends at the venue indicated that they had around 280 pre-sold tickets going into the evening, which for their upstairs bar was incredibly high. I'd say there were around 400-500 people there once the show actually kicked off. A lot of Canadians from Windsor and such since it's right across the border, but a fair number of locals as well.

The opening act was a local artist named Emily Rose, kind of reminded me of Jenny Lewis in terms of vocal style and lyrics. Fun performance that got the crowd warmed up. Matt came out to a thunderous applause and told a number of quality stories. One about the misconceptions bands have about SXSW, another about the crazy shit people left on answering machine they had for The Future is X-Rated 800 number, and some rambling bit about him, Pete Yorn and gay unicorns.

The set list (as I remember it... I may have left something out, and the order is definitely off)

I'm a window

Suburbia

Strange Days

Alert Status Red

Load Me Up

Silent Army Through the Trees/Black Helicopter

Born Losers

99 Percent of Us is Failure

She's in it for the Money

Avalanche (YES!)

Apparitions

Encore

Champions of Nothing

True Love will Find You in the End

Again great show. As others have said, Silent Army Through the Trees is an awesome tune. Avalanche, Champions of Nothing, and Suburbia were particularly awesome. I just wish he had tossed in a couple more songs (Anything from Audio of Being would have been fantastic), but considering he's struggled to even keep a meal down, I'm more than happy with what we got.

I had the great pleasure of seeing Matthew in Los Angeles last week and I recorded some of the show with my digital camera. Here is a link to the YouTube videos:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=A9F86151E7C2BC48

It was the first time I had seen him, and I was completely blown away. I certainly hope he comes back to make up the San Diego show.

Detroit last night was pretty awesome. A guy next to we said that his friend who bartends at the venue indicated that they had around 280 pre-sold tickets going into the evening, which for their upstairs bar was incredibly high. I'd say there were around 400-500 people there once the show actually kicked off. A lot of Canadians from Windsor and such since it's right across the border, but a fair number of locals as well.

The opening act was a local artist named Emily Rose, kind of reminded me of Jenny Lewis in terms of vocal style and lyrics. Fun performance that got the crowd warmed up. Matt came out to a thunderous applause and told a number of quality stories. One about the misconceptions bands have about SXSW, another about the crazy shit people left on answering machine they had for The Future is X-Rated 800 number, and some rambling bit about him, Pete Yorn and gay unicorns.

The set list (as I remember it... I may have left something out, and the order is definitely off)

I'm a window

Suburbia

Strange Days

Alert Status Red

Load Me Up

Silent Army Through the Trees/Black Helicopter

Born Losers

99 Percent of Us is Failure

She's in it for the Money

Avalanche (YES!)

Apparitions

Encore

Champions of Nothing

True Love will Find You in the End

Again great show. As others have said, Silent Army Through the Trees is an awesome tune. Avalanche, Champions of Nothing, and Suburbia were particularly awesome. I just wish he had tossed in a couple more songs (Anything from Audio of Being would have been fantastic), but considering he's struggled to even keep a meal down, I'm more than happy with what we got.

I don't believe there could have even been 400 people there. Not even close. Considering I was like 15 feet from the stage and I had 3 feet in front of me before the next person.

It was pretty aweseome though. I got goosebumps during 99% of us is failure.

There was this big-boneded fellow rocking out all night that I had to make fun of. I especially loved how during Born Losers that Matt alternates between hard and soft and this 'hard-core' Matt fan kinda didn't know what to do except look like he was having seizures.

Oh, God. And my friend was so embarassing. In Suburbia, you now how Matt repeats "realize" in the the last chorus? Well, in the first chorus, he sings realize and then she blurts it out really loud and then realizes that isn't the part. She is so fucking loud. So many people turned around.

Also, at one point she yells at me "How many pharmacists work at your pharmacy?" In the middle of an acoustic performance!!! The thought just popped in her head. She has no inside voice.