muffledscreams

Upcoming United States Shows

I loved the comment from the guy who insisted that Matt needed a strong dose of amoxicillin for his (probable) viral gastroenteritis.

It's kind of weird how many people offer him medical and psychiatric advice on his blog. I guess everyone can be an expert on the internet.

OMG, the fact that people don't know the difference between virus and bacteria hurts my soul.

I have a powerpoint presentation that I give on the subject. Near and dear to my heart.

It looks like he's doing a bit better, hooray! I'm going to assume he'll manage the next few shows (although I don't want him to do it at the expense of his health).

Dookas, I also live down the street from Iota. Cool.

So anyone want my Philly Tin Angel tickets? I'll knock $10 off the price. Pleeease. I need the money and I can't afford to go to Philly if he's also playing right down the street (i.e. my boyfriend would have driven us both but he won't drive to Philly and miss work if there's a closer venue). Takers?

I'm leaving work in about 2 hours to meet my friend downtown so we can make our way to the venue! I'm hoping to get a spot right up by the stage and hopefully get a couple of good videos. I definitely want to get Silent Army in the Trees and probably I'm A Window. And if possible, Pledge of Allegiance or Apparitions. I'm hoping for a good surprise song at some point tonight.

Can't wait!

Tripoli was a fucking amazing surprise for me. I was so happy. I got a nice video of it. I didn't get as many videos as I wanted, but I got the songs I set out to get - I'm A Window, Tripoli, Silent Army in the Trees, and Load Me Up. Got some short clips of other songs too.

We were all kind of frustrated because there were some technical issues that did not allow Matt to finish Suburbia an interrupted at least one other song, but Matt was a good sport and it made for some funny commentary.

Overall a nice evening and I can't wait to see Matt again in the future. Tripoli!!!!!

Edited by Gomo

I'm SO excited cause it looks like the Philly show tonight is a go!! A question I have for people who have seen the show - is the setlist pretty much the same or does it vary? Does anyone know what the setlist of then shows are? If they have already been posted, sorry..Im in work now and didnt have much time to surf thru all the threads looking for them

The NYC show was fantastic (despite the aforementioned technical issues. Highline usually has such good sound). I loved having him in my hometown and not somewhere that took me 6 hours to get to!!

I was standing next to Gomo, actually (hi! Nice to formally meet ya), right in the front row. Here's one pic I took. If people want to see more, I can upload them, too.

Very psyched for Philly tonight.

post-2-1206543103.jpg

My wife and I were there last night at NYC. It was such a great show. Tripoli was a huge surprise.

I think the thing I liked the best was that at no point did he come on stage and play the "I feel miserable and I want to kill myself" card. He was completely professional, funny, and the vocals were spot on. I just wish Taylor had better pick-ups (and I know that wasn't the cause of the problem. Most likely that was a bad cable.) I just know that Martins I've heard have a much brighter stage sound than his Taylors.

Heeey Michelle! It was great to meet you too. Hopefully I'll see you at some shows in the future. Have fun in Philly tonight.

Yeah Tripoli was incredible. I was really really hoping for a surprise like that and was so pumped for it when I heard the first line sung.

I'll work on some of the pics and videos I took later on tonight.

Here's one of the pictures I took last night at the Highline Ballroom! I was going to begin uploading the few videos I took, but youtube is doing some silly stuff right now so the vids will have to wait til tomorrow.

Yes I know. There's drunken singing in the Tripoli video I have too, but I don't really care. If people that went to that show want to relive the experience a little and or just remember what they heard, then the videos will fulfill their purpose. ;)

I got some better videos from the Buffalo show I went to. Check them out under my account on youtube sometime.

Edited by Gomo

This might be stupid, but could someone help me out? Does anyone know who the opening act for Matt was way back on March 11th in LA? It was a lady, I think Melissa something....