Gomo

Bad Pennies

i'm of the opinion that a demo is a demo. i think he's allowed to try stuff out... it doesnt mean that tthat's the direction he's going in. sure we can be critical of it too, but i dont think we should be as freaked about these songs... take jackpillowhead for example. that stuff was quite different from anything we had heard from matt at the time, and he didn't pursue the sounds from that project at all afterwards. sure, you could argue that because it was both him and ryan, the songs were different, but even the songs that those two wrote together or performed together afterwards were nothing far from conventional.

i'm of the opinion that a demo is a demo. i think he's allowed to try stuff out... it doesnt mean that tthat's the direction he's going in. sure we can be critical of it too, but i dont think we should be as freaked about these songs... take jackpillowhead for example. that stuff was quite different from anything we had heard from matt at the time, and he didn't pursue the sounds from that project at all afterwards. sure, you could argue that because it was both him and ryan, the songs were different, but even the songs that those two wrote together or performed together afterwards were nothing far from conventional.

I've said it before... but based on a few comments Matt has made in the past and the fact that there we heard 3 out of 4 songs jackpillowhead compiled, I believe The Devil's In Your Details came out of that project and not afterwards.

Either way, though I don't know whether I prefer these new demos style-wise, it is comforting to know he's experimenting.

I've said it before... but based on a few comments Matt has made in the past and the fact that there we heard 3 out of 4 songs jackpillowhead compiled, I believe The Devil's In Your Details came out of that project and not afterwards.

Either way, though I don't know whether I prefer these new demos style-wise, it is comforting to know he's experimenting.

exactly. in my opinion, the reason he's been able to have as much staying-power as he's had is because he's experimented; he's kept his material fresh. he's not like many of his other peers from the 90s who refused to experiment and who are now forgotten.

of course he has the right to create new music, but nothing about this song is new. it's just mgb-esque music with sound affects. he did post it, it's obviously going to be listened to and judged.

and just as he has the right to make it, we have the right to say it's lame. i'm not concerned that his new album is going to be crap because of it

Yes. I sincerely doubt there will be a huge drop-off in terms of material after Hospital Music (though it will be hard to top in my opinion). I do hope, at least, there is some kind of collective concept with the next batch of songs.

Edited by Gomo

What else is there to right about?

I don't want to hear an Iraq song. gawd.

fuck. maybe something a little deeper than "she wasnt that good in bed anyways"

totally fucking immature. and for god's sake, what rockstar marries a chick whos bad in bed? seriously. he's bitter... we got that from the last album... move on.