decomposinglight

U.s. Presidential Race

Wow. Settle down. Wait and see. This is not going to be the shining knight riding in to save the world from it's many plights. This will be a mild improvement at best. A nudge in the right direction, not a revolutionary about-face. Inertia is a funny thing that way.

thank you. jesus.

Wow. Settle down. Wait and see. This is not going to be the shining knight riding in to save the world from it's many plights. This will be a mild improvement at best. A nudge in the right direction, not a revolutionary about-face. Inertia is a funny thing that way.

Ahhh yes but journey of 1000 miles begins with 1 step, or as you put it "A nudge in the right direction"

No longer can we continue the politics of the last 30 years.

I find how people are reacting to the victory very annoying. It's all, over the top, football player type reactions that I've seen on the news.

I think people need to simmer down before some fruitopia-inventing group of people decide to do what many people believe will happen. None of us here wants that to happen.

but if small minded people have issues with it. Thats their problem not ours.

A lot of people are happy as they see this as the end to failed politics of the past. Granted only time will tell whether or not Obama can or even will bring about the changes we all so desperately need. But for now I like many other are just happy at the chance of cede change, and the hope of a better tomorrow it brings ;)

i don't understand why everyone is so convinced that his lies are any different than the lies any other politician throughout history has laid on us. how do you KNOW he's gonna be remarkable? you're just taking a guess. he could ruin us worse than we've ever been ruined. you have no idea. stop acting like the man is god himself or the fucking saviour of the united states.

i don't understand why everyone is so convinced that his lies are any different than the lies any other politician throughout history has laid on us. how do you KNOW he's gonna be remarkable? you're just taking a guess. he could ruin us worse than we've ever been ruined. you have no idea. stop acting like the man is god himself or the fucking saviour of the united states.

I agree with you, in some respects. I think the hype, and the belief in instant and radical positive change is dangerous. Very very dangerous. Nobody can succeed if the perceived goals are that elevated.

However, I think that the win is good in a few respects. I'm a liberal thinker, so I find the democrat platform more tolerable. I think that America changing its leadership has a global effect. No really in the way it will change America, but in the way other people around the world view America.

It's a long up hill road, and who knows if America will move forward or back. In general though, had McCain won, the situation would be no different. Except that the world would have continued to have no faith in America... So I think that at least now there is a chance.