Peter

New Toronto Show?

Every year i've gone to see Matt Good, before he started playing Massey Hall, tickets have been $35. The shows were usually at The Mod Club or The Kool Haus.

btw, I paid 25 bucks to see Broken Social Scene a few months back at the Kool Haus, just to give an example. I do this to compare Matt Good to a band that is probably similar in popularity. Yes I know other concerts are $75 and up for artists like Britney Spears or the Rolling Stones.

I only make this point because Matt Good tickets used to be the most affordable, now, they are not.

How are people getting tickets before they go on sale?

Massey (and Roy Thomson) have a "member's club" (Friends First) that includes first access to tickets. I think tickets went on sale Wednesday for them.

Anybody get close? I was a little surprised that hitting it at 10:00am put me in row M on the floor.

it's $4.50 more and you're shiting your pants

Haha. it's so true. And this is a Matt Good fan site. I figure majority on here are pretty serious MG fans and would pay pretty much whatever he would charge - I know I would and I've seen him 15 times already. Actually when you add that up at an average ticket price of $30 for both my girlfriend and I, that's $900 we've spent on shows together. Not to mention travel costs, parking, t-shirts, drinks at some shows, and purchasing all his albums, we've probably spent over $2000 on Matt Good. And I'd do it all again.

it's $4.50 more and you're shiting your pants

Its actually $15 more. It was $35 with charges in. I can easily spend the money if I'd like, my issue is that Matt has made constant claims that his shows are always affordable, when in this case, it really isn't. This is all I am claiming. All I'd like to know is where the damn $25 shows have gone!!!!?!?!

And btw, i've seen matt good (band) in concert about 10 times already. So please don't go off on how I am not a fan that doesn't want to spend money, cause I usually buy myself a ticket and the person who is coming along. I will shut up now ;)

Edited by Peter

His shows is T.O are usually a bit more expensive than everywhere else (or more than smaller cities at least). I've paid many different rates for his shows.

And I wasn't saying you're not a big fan or whatever, I guess I just think of $39 plus charges etc as an "affordable" price.

Edit:

50 cent has a show in washington tickets are $100 + all charges etc.

Spice girls tickets start @ $69 and go up to $119.

I understand they are more well known but I also know who is better and who puts on a better show. These shows will certainly sell out too.

Edited by Vance