darrenbacker

Facebook Haters?

How many of you are facebook haters and if so, then please state your reason  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you are facebook haters and if so, then please state your reason

• Yes, I hate and will never join facebook.
    • No, I am fine with it.

I didn't join the group because I don't want any random "friend" knowing that I post here and being a creeper and reading everything I write. People are creeps.

bingo.

people that are not in touch with me in the real world are not in touch with me for a reason.

i prefer to control who comes and goes from my life as well as the information they keep regarding my day to day activities.

if you don't know my email address, phone number, marital status, net worth, mood, vitals, or profession -- its because i don't want you to.

facebook goes against my beliefs of a closely guarded privacy.

I joined and it was nice at first but....

Now, people add me who have no intention of sending me anything interesting. And I hate how my friends will use it to invite people out for the weekend. I don't check it everday. If you want to hang out, get off your ass and use the phone.

i hate the phone, I use it to compare how awesome my life is to those who go out for one night and take 300 pictures and then post them to their account commenting on every one of them when they're all really just the same..

I couldn't vote, because i use Facebook but i'm NOT fine with it.  Don't like some of the privacy issues & controversy from it, but i reluctanly use it to keep in touch with countless old friends i otherwise wouldn't be able to.

I dunno, that's a cop out.

If you weren't OK with it, you wouldn't use it. Obviously the benefits outweigh the costs to you, or you would stop. Saying you use it "reluctantly" doesn't actually mean anything.

Edited by Prometheon

sure it does, the politics of facebook is bullshit but everyone used it and it's a lot easier than calling everyone up to plan something, especially if plans change.

facebook isn't hurting anyone but yourself, so it's not a cop out. if you put all your information on there, don't shit your pants about people knowing stuff about you. it's pretty simple.

it's not a case of morally being okay with it, it's just that it's a stupid business and one's not okay with that

Edited by Ravenous megin-sane

sure it does, the politics of facebook is bullshit but everyone used it and it's a lot easier than calling everyone up to plan something, especially if plans change.

Exactly. It's "easier." So you're using something that you think is wrong and invasive because it's conveniant. Therefore, you have no right to bitch about it. (This isn't directed to you, just to people who complain about the privacy issues, in spite of them installing applications that measure their friggin political orientation. It's idiotic.)

facebook isn't hurting anyone but yourself, so it's not a cop out. if you put all your information on there, don't shit your pants about people knowing stuff about you. it's pretty simple.

Exactly.

it's not a case of morally being okay with it, it's just that it's a stupid business and one's not okay with that

If it's a stupid business, why are you using it? Because it makes your life more conveniant. Therefore it's not stupid, is it?

You may disagree with some aspects of it, but obviously not enough to stop using it. This is akin to the fat person saying "I want to lose weight" but then never doing anything about it. Obviously you want to eat donuts and sit around MORE.

"I want Facebook to not invade my privacy." Obviously you want to keep in touch with old friends MORE.

Edit: And before people start going nuts on me, let me iterate that I understand it isn't so black-and-white. You can use it, but be opposed to certain aspects of it, and then try to initiate change through petitioning, protesting, etc. I'm just saying that useless bitching is just that, and it makes you look like a hypocrite if you take no further action.

Edited by Prometheon

owen (i'm not quoting it 'cause it's too big), but you make no sense.

you say it's a cop out. i explain why it's not and you say i'm right like it was your point all along. facebook doesn't automatically mean you've got 29,397,397 applications. some people don't use applications, or only use ones that are useful (for example, the greenbook one i use).

the reason it's "i'm fine with it" is because people usually aren't in love with facebook. they're okay with it, 'cause of the immediate personal conveniences. doesn't mean the website isn't stupid, or what people do with it.

it's not a question of your morality or your political stand point if you just sit back and let facebook continue, and it's fucking stupid to think that "protesting" the applications is actually going to stop them. they fund the website. they're not going anywhere

Too legit, too legit to quit?

As legit as a hammer can be. ;)

Although, like I said, you have good points that no one can really contest, so even if you don't quit, the opposition has.

Edit: Oh no, we have a straggler! Can the hammer crush it, or will the hammer be melted to goo? Next time on.. The Bored!

Edited by decomposinglight