bishopx

What Was The Last Track You Downloaded?

just deleted all the crowes i downloaded. they're okay, but if i were going to listen to something like them, i'd rather listen to led zeppelin.

just downloaded a few dredg albums. enjoying them so far.

just downloaded a bunch of mars volta. couldn't get into them before, but now i'm liking them.

you fucker, i was gonna ask you to upload that shit. i long for some crowes.

just deleted all the crowes i downloaded. they're okay, but if i were going to listen to something like them, i'd rather listen to led zeppelin.

just downloaded a few dredg albums. enjoying them so far.

just downloaded a bunch of mars volta. couldn't get into them before, but now i'm liking them.

Same thing happened with me and Volta. For the longest time I hated them and thought they were stupid and masturbatory, and now they're probably one of my top 3 favourite bands.

you fucker, i was gonna ask you to upload that shit. i long for some crowes.

you have the same internet i do.

edit: i still have a bunch on my mp3 player that i was just about to delete. which albums do you want? if i have them i'll upload them before i ditch them.

Edited by Some Random

you have the same internet i do.

edit: i still have a bunch on my mp3 player that i was just about to delete. which albums do you want? if i have them i'll upload them before i ditch them.

i know but i never download stuff. i don't even know WHERE to download stuff.

whatever you have that you don't mind uploading, i wouldn't mind having. but i've lived without it for awhile so don't go puttin' yourself out.

also, i can't stop listening to calexico.

All I've heard by them was whatever they did with Iron & Wine. It was decent.

dude: that album is a horrible misrepresentation of both of them. i love them both and i hate that album.

mrs. j: put me out? pshaw...honkey, please! i'll send ya a few. and calexico's newest album, carried to dust, is wicked. they carry me away to hot dusty sunsets somewhere else.

oh sweet because i just asked you about them in a PRIVATE MESSAGE. they make me want to live in the desert forever with the cactus and scorpions and rattlesnakes and too much sky and too much sand and lots of nachos and corona. they make me want a velvet elvis.

dude: that album is a horrible misrepresentation of both of them. i love them both and i hate that album.

mrs. j: put me out? pshaw...honkey, please! i'll send ya a few. and calexico's newest album, carried to dust, is wicked. they carry me away to hot dusty sunsets somewhere else.

I totally agree.... I love Iron and Wine and can't stand that album. And with the Volta too, I got into them after seeing them live.... they can put on a show, that's for sure.

Just downloaded the new franz ferdinand album and I'm way more into it then I thought that I'd be. Blows "you could have it so much better" out of the water.

thornley - tiny pictures. the jury's still out on whether i'll keep it or not. way too many layers of vocals on some of the songs.

Downloaded the album Monday night. It's definately polished Nickelback style and the lyrics in some songs are definatley a little dumbed down but I guess that's what you get when you sign with 604 records and you're trying to break into the U.S after 10 ten years of producing solid material that got ignored by most of the south. Personally even the hard rock polished stuff I enjoy in a guilty pleasure way since some of it is pretty catchy (see "your song"). Apparently the album was completed over 2 years ago but there was a lot of internal arguing that was going on between Thornley and 604 that posponed it till now; who knows whether that was about the album production or song selection or something alltogether different. Also apparently Dave Genn helped write "Make Believe".

All in all, I'm glad they kept songs like "Better Side of Me", "All Fall Down" and "Be There for Me" which at least showcase some of his more bluesish or acoustic roots than just his "look at me I'm modern rock like three days grace and whoever else you want to pull out of the hat". For any Thornley fans out there I know of a few decent unreleased tracks from this album that are floating around the internet so if you want to check them out just PM me and I'll send out the links.

Edited by daniel_v