Guest Prosis

XP Pro Or Vista

Which of these should be on my PC  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these should be on my PC

• Windows XP Pro
    • Windows Vista Home Premium

Guest Prosis

I have no trouble with it...it must depend your hardware (I know Vista doesn't handle some hardware and older hardware very well yet)...

Amanda: Make bank? I don't understand what you mean :angry:

(given my French background, I never heard that expression ;))

Edited by Prosis

Guest Prosis
That depresses me. You need cool business cards like this guy named Klaus Fuschel I know. They say "PC sick? Call Doc Klaus, the PC doctor!" and have his face all happy for viral advertising.

haha ;)

Bah there's a lot of website/application creation companies out there so it doesn't surprise me...saddens me yes, but doesn't surprise me...

vista, like i said, feels like it takes me out of the equation.

right now, i'm trying to delete this shitty like itunes 4 and replace it with itunes 7, and it keeps telling me i need an administrator, and it's making the matter of deleting and replacing itunes a mess, because i'm apparently not the fucking administrater. i'm the only person who uses the comp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Prosis

It may only be because you're trying to delete a file that's being used without you knowing.

Reboot in safe mode, see what that does.

I'm the administrator of all your PCs.

But seriously, who set your system up? While MS generally recommends that regular users should not be Administrators (for fear that they might damage and delete things that are important), I've never seen an OEM computer distributor actually set up an admin account with login info AND a Power User account or whatnot. The hassle of switching accounts to install programs is too great. Not that I deal with a lot of OEM mind you, building my own systems and images and such.