malarky

Even More New Demos

It's not that his music isn't well written, it just never suits my mood anymore. I miss his more aggressive side I guess. His music used to make me feel stronger, but now it seems to do the opposite.

im hoping for more stuff along the lines of hopeless tidalwave and keira anne

some days some of his songs are too depressing but on other days those same ones just feel right with my mood anyway

in the end im just happy hes still making great music

Yes!! For the first time I had the chance to catch 'em!

But as the demos aren't online anymore I'd be delighted if you call them by their names, because I'm confused when reading "the first one" and "the second one".

Thanks!

That's a good question. I guess he won't be recording until the full band tour is done, so there could be hundreds of demos to choose from by then. I think it's really nice how he's introducing his music to us beforehand, though. That's what the internet is for. And as Ben Folds says, someday artists will circumvent record labels all together and upload their music direct to iTunes. haha.

I agree with Amanda... it's great that he's giving us all these "pills" with new stuff before we get a new album in the future... and the quality of the demos is pretty good... a pleasure to hear to his new stuff! ;)

It's a great gift when he posts his demos!

I have 7 demos right now. But I don't really know, which ones are the current?

I'm slowly missing his MGB style... or at least the style he had before Hospital Music. - Not that I don't like that record, but I prefer Avalanche and WLR&RR.

Rock/Southern Rock + Orchestra!

Maybe he can leave his sad undertone behind and bring rock back.

Maybe it's because his voice is more raw out of studio and the doubling/multiplying helps cover it up?

Or because almost every modern rock recording features vocal doubling, it's just a matter of making it blend well. If the drums on the new demos were done on a keyboard (as I imagine they were, given the off-timing of the fills), I doubt he's going for production value on these, so +rep for sharing them with the MG community anyway!