Guest Prosis

Yahoo Or Google (and Their Mail Services)?

Yahoo or Goggle  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Yahoo or Goggle

• 1-Yahoo (with Yahoo Mail)
    • 2-Google (with Gmail)

Guest Prosis

I've been using only Gmail for a while. But I've been told that Gmail (or Google) has serious privacy issues. Google has been known for that as well.

So I'm trying Yahoo Mail which is, well, just another mail service (just like Gmail is mind you).

As far as search engines are concerned, Google and Yahoo act pretty much alike.

But again, Google keeps what you search for with your IP address for a year and a half now I think. But before it was forever.

I have no clue how Yahoo acts as far as privacy is concerned.

So, what do you guys think? Yahoo or Google? Yahoo Mail or Gmail?

I use Google search and gmail because I like the interface more. I hate the look of yahoo mail so much that it's my 4th backup email account - the address I give all the weirdos. Yahoo.com also has way more than the search panel on there, so it is distracting.

Honestly, I'd been using Gmail for about a year before I knew that they were soaking up all of my informations, and while it does bother me somewhat, it's the internet. I'm surprised we have as much privacy as we do. If they want my crazed conversations with my teacher, greeting cards from my grandma, and papers by my bf to edit, I say "KNOCK YOURSELF OUT."

I started off with Yahoo for a few years but found it to be an annoying piece of shit, so I forward all my email from there to my gmail, which I've been using for several years without any complaints. The internet is a dangerous place regardless of what you're using, so I just chose not to be paranoid about all that privacy business. I trust no one, so I'm just going with what works best for me. Gmail is very straight forward

Guest Prosis

That's what I thought.

I tried Yahoo this weekend and the interface is annoying. Plus, their personalized home pages suck ass (it's something I love from Google).

So I'll just keep my Gmail ;)

Guest apsham

I've been using GMail since it came out (since it was oh so awesome to be one of the people invited) and I didn't really know that there were any issues with it. The only thing that Hotmail has over it, I think is the notifications when you get an email on MSN. I don't think Yahoo! has anything over it at all.

The big advantage of gmail over Yahoo! Mail for me is that gmail allows you to receive your mail using a POP3 client. Several years ago, Yahoo! changed so that feature was only available in their paid service. That's when my Yahoo! account became my "junk" email account.