beerman37

Philly Show

That show is an exception. He was clearly offended by that woman as anyone probably would be. The NY show had technical issues too, but he was a good sport about it and turned it into interesting stories. The two times I've seen Matt I've had a great time and he was very good working the crowd and balancing his anecdotes with the music and it was all awesome. I don't see why someone would have an issue with him talking. It's like an evening with Matt Good. That's what the solo shows are for...to make use of the intimate setting and give the fans a memorable total package.

What was the setlist anyway?

Your answer is what I expected many's response would be....But she did that towards the end of the show. Early on in the show was his mocking of the venue, saying that New York's show was basically going to be better, etc. The woman may have sent him over the edge, but he sure wasnt sunshine early on either. I thought when he sung it was great, and he sounded great, and I was so happy to hear him playing live in such a small place. I kinda got the feeling (it maybe a mistaken opinion, but its what I felt) that the size of the venue was almost insulting to him and he wasnt happy since it was SO tiny. I cant adequately describe how small this place was. It was literally like someone's basement, like he mentioned earlier. Still, if that's the case (and before I get bashed to bits, I am just speculating its one of the reasons he was in a mood. I dont know for sure) it isnt exactly fair to the audience who paid to see you to shorten your show or just play for an hour. I've seen opening acts play longer than an hour. How long was the NY show anyhow? Just curious

I didnt write the set list down but New York's show was definitely longer. I dont think he did Silent Army/Trees, Champions Of NOthing, and he definitely didnt do True Love Will Find You in the End. No Tripoli either I believe

Edited by beerman37

Oof. That's weird. Well he probably won't play in that place again!

As for his demeanor I guess I can't comment on what happened at the show, but I would say that you shouldn't let it turn you off from going to future shows acoustic or band. For me nothing will ever beat the Buffalo show, I don't think, and he was fucking ON that night and was great with the crowd.

The next time you get an opportunity to see Matt, just go and you'll be happy you did.

*Edit*

I believe Matt came on at 10pm and the show was over around 11:30pm. That's probably the average length of these U.S. dates he's been playing. Last years shows were longer, but that was more of an official tour than this one.

Edited by Gomo

I think he's made some of the best albums I have ever heard. I would definitely see him again and hopefully get him in a better mood. But it was disappointing after all these years to finally see him and this is what we got. I just get the feeling that is is not the normal show, but for a first timer I'm sure many can understand the disappointment

Guest Prosis

Yes it was probably an exception. Matt doesn't tolerate people who are impolite (rightfully so) and she was, quite clearly, one of them. It's always a shame that other people have to pay for the actions of a couple of idiots.

Like I said, she may have sent him over the edge, but it wasnt exactly running smoothly the rest of the time either. She did that towards the end of the show. She sure wasnt the only reason

One thing that was funny was immediately after she said it, some other guy in the crowd muttered under his breath but many heard him because it was so tiny "Shut the FUCK UP LADY!" because this same lady was making all those goofball comments during the show being annoying..Like she was his #1 fan or something because she was in the front seat...with her boyfriend or husband sitting there doing nothing. Ugh, what an annoying woman

Edited by beerman37

The show in Los Angeles was one hour, ten minutes, and the venue could not have held more that 150 people. Per his blog, the woman who told him to "Shut up and sing" in what he describes as a very disrespectful tone, is what got to him. He apologizes for skipping the encore.

This hasn't been a great tour for Matt for a number of reasons, and I think that just sent him over the edge.

Yikes, I'm a little worried about tonight's show cuz IOTA is pretty tiny...err basement-esque...as well. But hopefully people in the crowd will be cool. Also, it seems like he was peeved about some things that happened earlier in the day as per his blog entry about some people. So it seems the obnoxious woman might have just been adding more flames to the fire. Anyway, people from Philly suck in general...if it is any indication, just look at the way they treat their sports teams.

I say someone starts the "K-I-C-K-A-S-S" chant as he comes out tonight.

Edited by Dookas27018

Guest Prosis

See that's what I thought.

And again, he's entirely right to do what he did. One does not have to endure impolite individuals on account that that person paid for her ticket. It's not a freak show nor a circus.

Yikes, I'm a little worried about tonight's show cuz IOTA is pretty tiny...err basement-esque...as well. But hopefully people in the crowd will be cool. Also, it seems like he was peeved about some things that happened earlier in the day as per his blog entry about some people. So it seems the obnoxious woman might have just been adding more flames to the fire. Anyway, people from Philly suck in general...if it is any indication, just look at the way they treat their sports teams.

I say someone starts the "K-I-C-K-A-S-S" chant as he comes out tonight.

Haha I so started the kickass chant in NYC. Then I found out that I'm not super cool and that happens all the time. ;)