it's the only oasis song i like

fitb

agreend.

i have a few friends in the UK who like them, but that's fine because i think it must be law there to listen to either radiohead or oasis. here, it's inexcusable. i think everyone liked them way back when, but if someone actually believes that they've released something worth listening to since 1995, they're clearly in denial.

IMO saying the earlier albums "had gems" would be doing a disservice to them - they were gems ! Definitely Maybe is one of very few albums I own which is great from start to finish. But each to their own. However -

if someone actually believes that they've released something worth listening to since 1995, they're clearly in denial.

;) :angry: :angry:

What a load of bollocks.

MasterplanOasisalbumcover.jpg

Prefer it to WTSMG. Aside from that, you've got:

Underneath the Sky

D'You Know What I Mean ?

Don't Go Away

(I Got) The Fever

Sad Song

Fuckin' in the Bushes

Let's All Make Believe

Sunday Morning Call

Gas Panic!

Roll It Over

The Hindu Times

The Importance of Being Idle

at the very least.

Haha. Yeh, I'm in the minority for appreciating that song. Really do think the stripped-down acoustic performances (like this) are beautiful.

But for every one of my questionable choices, there's plenty to replace em. Like Go Let It Out or Stand By Me, which I'm indifferent to, but plenty seem to love...

Edited by LonelyWreckage

Guest Prosis

Oasis made bad albums because, if you listen to Standing on the Shoulder of Giants, Heather Chemistry and DBTT, they're all bad records because, given that not every song on them are good, the albums are not good as a whole.

But on all three of those records, there are a handful of songs that are far superior to anything they've done pre-2000.

IMO, they could've made a killer double record with these songs:

Fuckin' in the Bushes

Go Let It Out

Gas Panic

Where Did It All Go Wrong

Sunday Morning Call

Roll It Over

Let's All Make Believe

The Hindu Times

Stop Crying Your Heart Out

Little By Little

Born on a Different Cloud

Turn Up The Sun

Lyla

The Importance of Being Idle

Part of the Queue

Let There Be Love

Who Put The Weight of the World on my Shoulders?

And kept the rest as b-sides...

Guest Prosis

Well not even Noel Gallagher's gonna disagree with that...he's the first to laugh at "Slowly walking down the hall faster than a canon ball"

Yeh...they're written solely for how they sound. Judging by how FUCKING AWESOME Morning Glory is, I'll say they work. But if you're looking for a great lyricist - definitely look elsewhere, but from where I'm standing it doesn't hinder Oasis at all.

As for BOADC shitness, Heathen Chemistry's pretty much a bag of wank anyway.

I love 'Songbird', thats beautiful little song.

I've bought 2 albums ('Be Here Now' or whatever & Heathen Chemistry) after What's the Story Morning Glory. They both sucked shit, minus maybe 2 songs each. A shame. How do you go from fucking-amazing-perfect-front-to-back album, and then mostly shit after that? I guess fame & expectations, i dunno.

Guest Prosis

Yes that is true but also, just because they're getting older

See the thing that made Oasis so great in the past is the amount of self-esteem they had. They were THERE.

Now they're just making music and trying to be there. But they've done nothing to reinvent themselves. Except with SOTSOG where they were in the right direction which they've abandoned.

But to be quite honest with you, I can't stand most of their older work now. I never listen to Definitely Maybe anymore, I skip most of Morning Glory, Be Here Now I've never liked, Standing on the Shoulder of Giants has solid songs and they were heading in the right reinvention direction...but the album isn't their best. Heathen Chemistry is them trying to keep it up but I skip most of it still, same with DBTT.

Be Here Now is probably my favourite album.

But I like every one they've made.

I really like Be Here Now as well alot, even though some of the songs could have been a tad shorter.

I really do like Don't Believe The Truth alot, its sounds like on a couple of songs, like Lyla, they are going back to their roots.

And having Zak Starkey as a drummer now is not all that bad either.