marx marvelous

Anti-rape Devices (hockey Thread)

Hey remember that time that Calgary was losing 3-0 after 3 minutes and then won 4-3?

Yeah, me too!

That was a damn fine for the Flames, (who I cheer for as my West team), sadly, my Sabres blew this years and missed the fucking playoffs. Sadly now I am bored. ;)

Edit: Any thoughts on Avery waving his stick about in Marty's face the other night?

Edited by Audio of Being

if

double emphasis.

if you can't believe the things he writes, then you have no chance of possibly knowing the truth.

and it's the internet... who cares anyways? just stop writing stupid shit. if you're going to insult someone, do it about something reasonably legitimate and use your intelligence.

okay. back to hockey.

the hullabaloo has quieted down quite a bit since the sens lost the other night. this makes me happy.

Edited by Lauren

i laughed at the comment, because someone was bound to mention it eventually, but lauren is right, it was unnecessary and came out of left field.

as far as avery is concerned, i think he's a dick for pulling that move. i'm surprised there hasn't really been anything in the rules against that before... it seems fairly obvious. i still like the rangers though.

here's hoping montreal can put boston out of their misery thursday night.

i applaud avery for trying something new... it's the playoffs and you have to do what you can to throw your opponents off their game.

i watched the last 10 minutes of the flames game last night from my hotel room. as much as i would like to see the flames go far, seeing thornton and rivet all pumped up after the gwg definitely makes you excited for them.

last year was unspeakably retarded, this year was just the way things should be.

Fixed! (assuming they lose tonight and I don't have to hear the mob shriek and burble about the sens for months to come)

calgary is in a shit storm

Hardly. What's worse, blowing an early 3-0 lead or blowing a 2-1 lead? I suppose the difference is of timing. 3-0 in the beginning means there's still 57 minutes to get back in, where as the Flames blew the lead with 9 seconds left, however; Calgary isn't in a shit storm by any means. Will they win tomorrow? I doubt it, but I don't for see it being a blow out for the Sharks.

forget about the comparison of blown leads... the fact that they lost wih 9 seconds, or more importantly, that san jose won is what will drive the sharks to perform on a much higher level in the next game.... their energy will be huge. cloud nine type stuff. calgary had 10 shots. they will be angry and looking to redeem themselves while the sharks will be riding a wave of positive energy and testosterone. thats trouble, and that's what puts calgary in the middle of a shit storm.

forget about the comparison of blown leads... the fact that they lost wih 9 seconds, or more importantly, that san jose won is what will drive the sharks to perform on a much higher level in the next game.... their energy will be huge. cloud nine type stuff. calgary had 10 shots. they will be angry and looking to redeem themselves while the sharks will be riding a wave of positive energy and testosterone. thats trouble, and that's what puts calgary in the middle of a shit storm.

exactly,

blowing a 3 nothing lead is not hard to do when there's a whole game left on opponents home ice in the playoff's. blowing a 2-1 lead in the third to lose the game with 8 seconds left is a lot harder to do.

I'm crossing my fingers for the Wings to clinch it tonight. As for Chelly...if they put him in, I would be fine with it. He isn't what he used to be but he is still a quality player and I have the greatest respect for him being able to play at that caliber at 45. Drop McCarty.

Edit - Sorry, I forgot that McCarty did sit last game. My bad.

Edited by little miss sunshine