sodamntired

The Awesomeness Of Star Wars

I am watching Jedi on tv right now, and I forgot just how incredible those films are.

and this brings up some questions

1. how exactly long is "a long time ago"?

2. how far is "far far away?"

3. When/If/Whif you have children, are you going to show them the entire 6 movie series, or just 4, 5, and 6 like I plan on.

4. why didn't Chewbacca get a medal at the end of New Hope?

thats all I have right now....your turn(s)

1. has yet to be determined

2. see above

3. Ya i'll show them just 4-6, then maybe when they are older they can watch ep 1-3 to their horror.

4. Ya its stupid. i think he was even flying the Falcon at the end Death Star Scene in A New Hope because i believe Han Solo was in the gunner chair thingy when he yells "Yeeee-haaw!! Now lets blow this thing and go home". Maybe they didn't have medal straps big enough to fit around his neck or something. And why didn't R2D2 get a medal????

p.s. im the biggest Star Wars geek. I own over 100 figures.

4. Racism.

that's my thinking as well. only humans are heroes, apparently.

i dont think i'll show my kids any of the films. every time i go back to watch 4-6 again, i dislike them more and more. 4 & 5 are okay, with 5 having the best story/direction, but there are still aspects about them that i dislike, and now that they've all been "retouched" (read: shit on), there's even less of a chance i'd want to show them to my children. 1-3 were just appalling. i think i liked 2 the best, but it's been forever since i've seen it. 1 and 3 are tied for worst star wars stories ever.

i did read the books when i was younger, but i've found that they've gotten out of hand. who gives a shit about jaycen and jayna? anakin 2.0 went bad? who saw that coming? and chewbacca is dead? why do i care?

Edited by borntohula

But it was so sad how he died ;) It's one of the only SW books I've read really.

If i ever have kids, I'd probably show all the movies to them, let them make their own decision. I'll also make them watch all the Star Trek movies.

It'd be funny to have two kids, and one is a mega trekkie and the other one is a SWhead. They can have epic duels. With that dumb Star Trek fight music in the background.

It's a robot chicken sketch waitinng to happen.

Guest Prosis

To me Star Wars is nothing special...just another space movie...

I also firmly believe that a lot of people who love Star Wars only do it because it's Star Wars and you can't not like Star Wars...same with Lord of The Rings, Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd, Hotel California and so on...

I'm against loving things because socially you're supposed to (which is why I'm such a cunt when it comes to music haha!)

At least Star Wars didn't have enslaved planets of black people like Star Odyssey. Oh wait, this made it better:

Tilk (Male Robot): Great integrated circuits! What's that thing? Look Tilly! A prehistoric cave robot!

Tilly (Female Robot): I've never seen anything so ugly.

Tilk (Male Robot): They say creatures like this shouldn't be allowed to run around loose. They ought to be kept in zoos.

Tilly (Female Robot): Now Tilk, that's just prejudice. He has as much right to activate as we have, even if his tin is a different color.

Guest Prosis
psh... "just another space movie"... SPACE MOVIES ARE GREAT.

have you ever listened to bob dylan? or you just don't like him because you're supposed to like him?

I didn't say I didn't like Bob Dylan, just not everything he's done, same with Pink Floyd, I can't stand The Wall. Not cause I'm supposed to just because I don't. What annoys me is that nowadays, you HAVE to like these things or else you're square or something.

The only thing I don't like in the things I listed is Hotel California...makes me want to eat my ears...

And personally, I don't like sci-fi too much...basically because you can do anything and say anything...but that's just me...

I didn't say I didn't like Bob Dylan, just not everything he's done, same with Pink Floyd, I can't stand The Wall. Not cause I'm supposed to just because I don't. What annoys me is that nowadays, you HAVE to like these things or else you're square or something.

same goes for The Beatles, Radiohead, and Tool. there are people today that LOVE those bands, but if you say anything against them, they will instantly label you as a moron who "doesn't know what good music is" and they will not even listen to your opinion(s) anymore.

same goes for The Beatles, Radiohead, and Tool. there are people today that LOVE those bands, but if you say anything against them, they will instantly label you as a moron who "doesn't know what good music is" and they will not even listen to your opinion(s) anymore.

Tool does suck.

I do like Star Wars though. It sort of goes to show how rare really good science films are (referring to Ep 4-6). I don't think there has been any real good sci-fi in probably the last 10 years.

Tool does suck.

I do like Star Wars though. It sort of goes to show how rare really good science films are (referring to Ep 4-6). I don't think there has been any real good sci-fi in probably the last 10 years.

Have to disagree with you. The Matrix was better then any episode of Star Wars. And, being released in 1999, it's within the last 10 years.

Have to disagree with you. The Matrix was better then any episode of Star Wars. And, being released in 1999, it's within the last 10 years.

That's entirely subjective. However, shortly after I made the post, I did realize I should have rephrased, that is, I should have been more specific. What I meant was, that within the last 10 years, there hasn't been any good space movies.

I watched 4 and 5 over the weekend on Spike. Some of the edits don't bother me, but the edits in 6 are the worst. guhh. >.<

Ya, the worst edit ever is the Jabba dance sequence. WTF????!?!? The subtle edits i don't mind as much, but i still have my original THX Ep.4-6 on VHS so i can always watch those.

I wish lucas would release the original versions on DVD all remastered etc., unlike the crap original versions he put on DVD a couple years ago.

Crusader:

"wookies are like the ethnic "minorities" of lucas' future"

ya, A new Hope is so rascist. Have you ever noticed there isn't ONE minority human cast member in that entire movie? The end Throne Room medal scene you look at all the soliders and i cant spot a single one that was black/brown.